Venn diagram is a graphical presentation or illustration of different objects overlapping each other and most commonly, this technique is used to provide or show the relationship between sets of different objects or the things they have in common and the thing they don’t. Usually circles and boxes are used for this purpose but one can also use any other object such as a triangle or rectangle. In this presentation, each circle includes a separate sets or objects and these circles overlap with each other in order to indicate the objects that are common in each set.
The part of each circle that overlaps with another one shows the similarities where the part that doesn’t overlap, shows the uncommon objects or characteristics. This tool was invented back in 1880 by John Venn and that’s why it is also known as Venn diagram. The versatility of this tool is that this can be used in any field and area of life including mathematics, business and computer technology or programming.
Importance of Venn Diagrams:
Suppose you have to compare all the cars in the world and you have to do it in the most accurate manner where you can’t make any mistake. With Venn diagram, you can divide the cars in different groups such as the ones that go over 250 miles per minute, the ones that run on battery power, the ones that have automatic engines and then you can add more categories or groups with each color such as black, white, green, red and blue.
With Venn diagram, you need to assign a circle with each category or group and then you can overlap these circles with each other to present the comparison. This way if you and the other viewers can easily understand that when the circles are overlapping, a blue color car is the one that goes more than 250 miles per minute and it has automatic engine system where the other red one runs on battery power and still have an automatic engine. This way, the most important thing about Venn diagram is that it makes complex and difficult situations much easier so that anyone can easily understand them.
Application of Venn Diagrams in business:
We have mentioned the importance of Venn diagrams above in the content so you can understand that no matter where you work, you can use this diagram or technique anytime you want. This will not only gives you easy way to compare sets of objects but you will be more certain about your decisions and choices with this tool.
This is a common knowledge that when you have to compare more than one object at once, it is not an easy job. There are chances that if you do this comparison by a typical method, you will always miss something no matter how much you take care of the process. Venn diagram serves the basic purpose of providing you with all the information and details about the comparison that you can depend on this system by keeping it in your mind that you didn’t miss anything.
Some of the most common fields where Venn diagrams are used include:
- Scientific presentations
- Engineering presentations
- Computer application
- Programming and software development
- Theoretical mathematics
Here is preview of a Free Sample Venn Diagram created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Venn Diagrams,
Download Venn Diagrams
Related Word Templates
- Relationship Diagram A relations diagram which is also known as ER diagram or entity relationship diagram is a commonly used technique in businesses and companies. This is a graphical representation of different entities and relationships between them. Most of the time, this diagram model is used in computing and programming in which it is used to sort out or organize the data in the database and the […]
- Pyramid Chart Sample A Pyramid Chart is a graphical representation of the facts, figures and research material in form of a pyramid or a triangle. Within this triangle, there are different sections which divide the entire diagram into different parts. Each part indicates towards something different. You know that the width of each section changes along with the triangle and usually the width aren’t […]
- UML Sequence Diagram Template UML stands for Unified Modeling Language and sequence diagram is a very common and important technique for representing data and research in this field. In between the components or elements of a system, sequence diagrams are used to present or show the relationship or link for the flow of events or messages. In computer networking, UML sequence diagrams are frequently used because […]
- Root Cause Analysis Diagram Template Root cause analysis diagram which is also known as fishbone diagram, Ishikawa diagram or cause and effect diagram is a graphical representation of all the root causes behind a problem in a business. Companies and organizations use this diagram in order to find out the real causes behind a problem and to eliminate the problem for long terms. When there is a problem in a business, it is […]
- Network Diagram Template A network diagram is also known as project network diagram or flow chart in simple words and this is one of the many graphical representations that companies use these days. Usually, a network diagram is referred only to the computer networking and most people know this diagram in related to the computer based networking but this can be used in both companies for general presentations […]
- Gantt Chart Template When it comes to project management, the process is tougher and complex as compared to the other areas and fields of a business. If we ask some of the top project managers in the world, we will find out that there are only two most important things or elements of a project that the manager keeps track of including; complete the project within budget and finish it on time.
- PEST Analysis Diagram PEST is a word with for alphabets and in this word; each alphabet stands for a unique and important market research tool. This includes political, economic, social and technological. As a business owner, you can understand that it is really important to research before you invest your money in any project. To do so, whenever a company wants to start a new product or make big changes to […]
- Asnoff Matrix Diagram Asnoff Matrix is something that helps people and businesses in a better way at the same time. As a business owner, if you want to research or review the development of new products, merger in markets or enhancing the quality of your operations, Asnoff Matrix is here to help you out and with this tool, you can make better and more accurate decision. On the other hand, as an individual, […]
- SWOT Analysis Diagram SWOT stands for Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and it is a perfect business planning model for each kind of company. This analysis can be used in any kind of decision making process either you run a for-profit organization or non-profit corporation. In simple words, this analysis is done for new products that one wants to introduce in the market.
This way we can […]
- PERT Chart Template PERT which stands for Program Evaluation Review Technique is a business or organizational tool that is used for managing the projects and steps included in order to complete the project. There are many tools and steps included in a PERT chart but most importantly; it includes scheduling, coordinating and organizing the different steps of a project. In simple words, a PERT chart is a […]