A swim lane flow chart which is also known as swim lane diagram or cross functional diagram is a commonly used process or technique in companies and organizations to display complex information or systems in simple terms. This technique uses lanes for displaying information and connecting them with each other so that’s why it is called a swim lane flow chart. There are individual lanes in the chart and each lane is assigned to an actor or a representative that is responsible for that lane which either represents a department, project or a part of the company.
Importance of Swim Lane Flowchart:
There are dozens of important elements and factors about using swim lane flow chart in businesses and companies but some of these benefits are more important. First of all, it is really a great benefit of this system that it gives a clean overview or inside details about a system when there are more phrases included in the system. It is quite hard for the owners and stakeholder of a company to understand the process when there are multiple factors involved in the system but this technique make sure that they even that kind of people can understand the process easily.
Secondly, when the system or technique is so simple, it helps the company to train and educate newly hired staff about the strategies and policies of a company. We have discussed before that with this chart, the system is very easy to understand which makes it convenient for new employees to take part in the management processes of the company and help the seniors in making strategies and plans for the company. There is another big benefit of this chart as it can be applied to a number of other systems including BPNM diagram, UML activity diagrams and many other general charts and graphical representations.
Thirdly, swim lane flow charts don’t play the role for displaying useful or complex information in simple terms and ways but this system helps the viewers or the owners of the company to find out the weak points in the system where it’s easy for anyone to make a mistake or hack the system without much effort. This way it is easy for the management to remove those factors that could lead to a cheating in the system inside the company.
Application of Swim Lane Flowchart in Business:
It doesn’t matter what type of business you run but you should understand that it is not possible for all of your employees and management staff to understand the company strategies and chain of command easily. To make sure that they understand each part of the organization, swim lane flow chart is here to help you out. This chart not only represents complex information and factors in simple ways but it also allows the owners and management of a company to see where it is possible for the employees to make mistakes in the system and how can those weak points can be improved in order to remove the problems and issues.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Swim Lane Flowchart Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Swim Lane Flowchart Template,
Download Swim Lane Flowchart Template
Related Word Templates
- The Work Breakdown Structure Template WBS or Work Breakdown Structure is a business or corporation technique used in companies and organizations to execute projects. This is a commonly used technique for planning and organizing the tasks and steps included in a project.
Project managers use this technique in order to foresee the results and effects of a project after a certain time in future along with estimating the […]
- PERT Chart Template PERT which stands for Program Evaluation Review Technique is a business or organizational tool that is used for managing the projects and steps included in order to complete the project. There are many tools and steps included in a PERT chart but most importantly; it includes scheduling, coordinating and organizing the different steps of a project. In simple words, a PERT chart is a […]
- Mind Map Diagram Template Mind mapping is a common and simple technique that is used in businesses and corporations on regular basis. This is a technique in which you describe your story or whatever is on your mind in form of diagrams and symbols instead of just words and sentences. The thing is that when you have to run a big company, you always look ways and options to save time. The mind map diagram is […]
- Cause and Effect Chart (Fishbone) Template Cause and effect chart which is also known as the fishbone diagram or the Ikishawa diagram is a commonly used technique in businesses through which, business owners get help to find out not only the problems but with this chart, they can also identify the root causes behind each problem.
This technique or business chart was invented by a Japanese quality control manager and thus […]
- Pareto Chart Template A Pareto chart is a special kind of graphical presentation. We can also call it a hybrid graph in which bars and lines are used simultaneously. This not only gives a broader perspective on the graph for the viewers but also explains the elements and factors in a better way. This is a chart in which the individual values are shown in the bard in descending order and cumulative total is […]
- Timeline Diagram Template When it comes to project management, time, quality and cost are the only three elements that companies and organizations concentrate the most on. Quality of a project is hard to estimate before seeing the final project but it is possible to estimate the costs and time frame for completing the project. To make sure that time is in favor for the project team members, the important events […]
- Process Flow Chart Template A process flow chart is a symbolic or graphical representation of the steps or elements included in a process so that the participants can understand the process in a better way. Each step in process flow chart is represented with a different kind of symbol and it also includes a short description of each of the step. This allows the project managers and team members to understand the […]
- Root Cause Analysis Diagram Template Root cause analysis diagram which is also known as fishbone diagram, Ishikawa diagram or cause and effect diagram is a graphical representation of all the root causes behind a problem in a business. Companies and organizations use this diagram in order to find out the real causes behind a problem and to eliminate the problem for long terms. When there is a problem in a business, it is […]
- Affinity Diagram Template Affinity diagram, which is also known as KJ method is a commonly used technique for brainstorming sessions in companies and organizations. This technique was invented back in 1960 by a businessman Kawakita Jiro that explains why it is also referred to as KJ method. The key purpose of affinity diagram is to generate, coordinate and organize the different thoughts and decisions from […]
- Network Diagram Template A network diagram is also known as project network diagram or flow chart in simple words and this is one of the many graphical representations that companies use these days. Usually, a network diagram is referred only to the computer networking and most people know this diagram in related to the computer based networking but this can be used in both companies for general presentations […]