Salesmen are mostly hired on commissions and bonuses on the sale that they make for the company they work in and the agreement that includes the information about what their targets will be and how much they will get as the commission on each sale is known as the sales representative agreement.
Brief Description of Sales Representative Agreement:
It is a common knowledge that the company with most sales is the company that makes more profit and stands ahead of its competitors. This is why companies always focus more on their sales staff and employers do whatever it takes for the sales team to become the most valuable and successful team in the market. Employers understand that no matter how good a company is; the salesmen are the real faces of the company that meet with potential clients and partners in the market and present the policies and products represented by the company to the buyers. This is why it is really important to keep the sales representative staff members happy and satisfied with their jobs and responsibilities. When it comes to satisfaction and loyalty, the money is the most important thing that an employee can think of.
There is respect, additional benefits and career opportunities but when it comes to most people, they always pick a job with more money than the job that has better career opportunities. This is why; employers hire the sales staff on commissions which means when a salesman makes a sale, specific portion of the profit goes to the salesman as the salary or incentive. This not only keeps the salesmen happy and satisfied with the company but also motivates them to make more sales and earn bigger bonuses and more commissions. But when a salesman earns more sales in his field, it can also make him greedy and ask for higher commission to the employer and it can create a difficult situation for the employer and company.
For example, when a successful salesman asks for more money, the company has to pay him or he will leave the job and will join another company and use his skills and expertise for their profit and success. In order to make sure that doesn’t happen and employers and employees stick to what they agreed to, employers ask their sales representatives to sign sales agreements with the company. This agreement benefits both the employer and the sales staff as the employer can’t deny to give them the agreed percentage of commissions on each sale and the salesmen can’t ask the company for more money more than they agreed on.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Sales Representative Agreement Template created using MS Word,
Key Elements to add in the Sales Representative Agreement:
- Name of the employer/company
- Name of the employee/sales representative
- Product or services details that are offered by the company
- Terms and conditions of the agreement
- Mutually agreed clauses of the agreement
- Compensation for the employee
- Commission percentage for the sales representative
- Limitations of the employee and agreement
- Termination of the agreement
- Validation of the agreement
- Results of violation of the agreement
- Signature of employer and employee
Here is download link for above shown free Sales Representative Agreement Template,
Download Sales Representative Agreement Template
Related Word Templates
- Commission Sales Agreement Template Companies often prepare and sign an agreement with sales representative or agent to sale out their goods or products on commission basis is usually named as commission sales agreement. Sales commission can be described as a specified sum of money paid by company or business based on a percentage of the sales made by an employee or agent. Sales commission is distinguished from regular […]
- Affiliate Program Agreement Template An agreement is signed between two parties that are interested in forming a relationship. The relationship can with either be short term or long term. Short term can be less than a year and long term usually is more than a year. Such distinction is necessary before drafting an agreement because such ambiguities can result in stringent consequences for both of the parties involved. […]
- Free Invoice Template It’s a messy job to compile all the details in invoice form without letting it be lengthy or taking up a form of volume. But here are some useful features that have to keep in mind and you will design your own invoice with ease. A basic feature to design an invoice is to choose bare structure of your invoice and that should be of standard letter format so it can be convenient for […]
- Sales Contract Template A selling contract is signed for the purpose of sales matters between the purchaser and seller. With the passage of time the need for the selling agreement has been intensively recognized to ensure the standardized terms of trade and for a good investment.
The investment on the selling contract prior to entering in the business terms prove to be worthy if anything bad happens later […]
- Quotation Template Price quotations are price estimates based on our deliberations of your testing needs. Price quotes are free of cost and are binding on imminent evaluation if accepted in script before they end, which is naturally of 30 days, but not fastening on you. If you do not wish to receive an unexpired price quote, you may refuse it or demand for a new price quote as your preparations change […]
- Credit Memo Template A credit memo is also known as invoice which is a document in which transaction details of a list of products or services that are purchased under that single transaction. Usually, people mix credit memos and statements however; these two are totally different things. A credit memo is written in a single transaction whereas a statement is created for a particular customer in which the […]
- New Listing Flyer Template A flyer is a good marketing tool for making sales and promoting your real estate business. A new listing flyer can be used to invite interested people to contact and visit your place to see the new listing at a specific date and time. A good new listing flyer provides clear real estate view.
Before designing a new listing flyer, you need to identify your target market. This is […]
- Consignment Agreement Template Consignment agreement is a very common legal and business contract that is written and signed between the manufacturer and owner of a specific product and the consignee who is responsible of displaying the product, attract customers and to make sale of the product in the market. With the consignment agreement, both parties decide the terms and conditions on which the joint venture will […]
- Employment Agency Agreement Template Before talking about the functioning and procedure of writing an employment agency agreement, it is necessary to elaborate the employment agency. A firm that provides employees to the employers and vice versa is usually called as employment agency. In third world countries there is no or minimal concept of employment agencies. But in developed part of the world, employment agencies are […]
- Custom Software Development Agreement Template Unlike buying or developing a usual or common software program, it is more complicated to develop a custom software program. When an individual or a company hires a computer firm to develop a custom software program, they both create and sign a legal contract that is also known as the custom software development agreement. This agreement includes the expectations of the client with the […]