A Pyramid Chart is a graphical representation of the facts, figures and research material in form of a pyramid or a triangle. Within this triangle, there are different sections which divide the entire diagram into different parts. Each part indicates towards something different. You know that the width of each section changes along with the triangle and usually the width aren’t considered as an important element but when the situation is more complex and difficult to present in lesser words, the width is also considered as a part of the chart. The section with most width is considered as the important one and the part with shortest width is the one that can be overlooked.
Importance of Pyramid Charts:
This chart is also a very best tool to represent the seriousness of each problem when there are many of them. It is really a difficult task to address each problem in the same manner that they matter such as the most serious and crucial problem should be solved first and the least important one can be delayed. With pyramid chart, it is really easy to put each problem in a separate section and with the width of each section or the position of each problem in the diagram, the participants or team members can easily understand which problem should be solved on priority basis.
Here is preview of a Free Pyramid Chart Sample created using MS Word,
Application of Pyramid Charts in Business:
Hierarchy is something that counts the most in an organization’s structure and chain of command. It is really important that the staff within a company knows who to answer and whom to contact in case of any situation. In order to present the hierarchy in the best manner, the pyramid chart is the best way to do so. Due to the triangle and changing width within the diagram, it is really easy to present the head of the chain in the widest section and the junior staff members are presented in the shortest section. This can be other way around with the head of the company on the top and the junior staff in the bottom but that doesn’t happen very often. There isn’t any manner about using this technique in your company and it doesn’t matter what kind of business you run and if you have a small company or a huge one, you can use pyramid chart in any situation as long as it has some progressive order.
In business, when one wants to address a group of people, the best thing to do is to have a presentation for the entire staff in the office. This way you don’t need to go and talk to each one of your employees and you can communicate with them at the same time without wasting time with each one of them. To present different strategies, plans, objectives, projects and researches, companies and businesses use different techniques and tools. These tools are usually known as charts, diagrams and graphical representations. Pyramid chart is one of these techniques or representation diagrams that companies use for their routine meetings.
Here is download link for this Pyramid Chart Sample,
Download Pyramid Chart Sample
Related Word Templates
- PERT Chart Template PERT which stands for Program Evaluation Review Technique is a business or organizational tool that is used for managing the projects and steps included in order to complete the project. There are many tools and steps included in a PERT chart but most importantly; it includes scheduling, coordinating and organizing the different steps of a project. In simple words, a PERT chart is a […]
- Pareto Chart Template A Pareto chart is a special kind of graphical presentation. We can also call it a hybrid graph in which bars and lines are used simultaneously. This not only gives a broader perspective on the graph for the viewers but also explains the elements and factors in a better way. This is a chart in which the individual values are shown in the bard in descending order and cumulative total is […]
- Gantt Chart Template When it comes to project management, the process is tougher and complex as compared to the other areas and fields of a business. If we ask some of the top project managers in the world, we will find out that there are only two most important things or elements of a project that the manager keeps track of including; complete the project within budget and finish it on time.
- Network Diagram Template A network diagram is also known as project network diagram or flow chart in simple words and this is one of the many graphical representations that companies use these days. Usually, a network diagram is referred only to the computer networking and most people know this diagram in related to the computer based networking but this can be used in both companies for general presentations […]
- Cause and Effect Chart (Fishbone) Template Cause and effect chart which is also known as the fishbone diagram or the Ikishawa diagram is a commonly used technique in businesses through which, business owners get help to find out not only the problems but with this chart, they can also identify the root causes behind each problem.
This technique or business chart was invented by a Japanese quality control manager and thus […]
- Root Cause Analysis Diagram Template Root cause analysis diagram which is also known as fishbone diagram, Ishikawa diagram or cause and effect diagram is a graphical representation of all the root causes behind a problem in a business. Companies and organizations use this diagram in order to find out the real causes behind a problem and to eliminate the problem for long terms. When there is a problem in a business, it is […]
- Venn Diagrams Venn diagram is a graphical presentation or illustration of different objects overlapping each other and most commonly, this technique is used to provide or show the relationship between sets of different objects or the things they have in common and the thing they don’t. Usually circles and boxes are used for this purpose but one can also use any other object such as a triangle or […]
- Timeline Diagram Template When it comes to project management, time, quality and cost are the only three elements that companies and organizations concentrate the most on. Quality of a project is hard to estimate before seeing the final project but it is possible to estimate the costs and time frame for completing the project. To make sure that time is in favor for the project team members, the important events […]
- Risk Diagram Template Risk management for companies and businesses is as important as breathing for the living beings. It is not possible for a company to run or make good progress without evaluating the possible risks with the projects and under development products or customized services. This process of evaluating the risks and managing them before it’s too late is also known as risk diagrams. This is […]
- Decision Tree Diagrams A decision tree diagram is a graphical representation of all the facts, scenarios and results as well as the choices that one has. This is a tree shaped representation that has branches and each branch represents a separate scenario along with the results and possible outcomes in the future. This not only gives more accurate figures about each choice in the decision making process but […]