The document which is known as memorandum of understanding is an important legal document that is signed between the two parties which are entering into a common interest thus getting mutually agreed upon the common upcoming interests. This document actually shows that both the parties are happy to join in the common line of action for their future perspectives. This is generally taken as an informal form of an agreement in such cases where the parties do not enter into proper bilateral agreements. However, the document legally owes the same importance and legal value as that of a formal agreement.
The presence of all the well defined legal elements as that of a contract makes this document as well an important legal document and the document is separately designed depending upon the type of the common interests whether it is the goods that are to be a point of interest, the common services or some sort of the business loans or investments. The type of the subject in each case may vary however the legal aspects of the document will remain more or less the same in order to make it a valid legal document in every case.
Here is preview of this MOU Memo Template created using Microsoft Word,
To understand the exact position and importance of this memorandum of understanding we should consider it in different law contents. In case of private law this memorandum of understanding is regarded as a letter of intent which means a document labeling the intentions of one party for their common interest towards the other. In case of the company law or business law the memorandum of understanding is regarded as a relationship between the two departments, organizations, companies or agencies. A common example that is seen is the signing of the services agreements between the two companies etc.
In case of the public law the memorandum of understanding is signed between the two countries, states like in the form of the different treaties that are signed between the two countries for sharing the common resources. The memorandum of understanding of such types may sometimes are kept constant from the secrecy point of view however, it is not all the time obligatory. The secrecy of memorandum of understanding depends upon the subject content of the memorandum.
The common points that should be included while writing a legal memorandum of understanding are;
- Information about the parties among which the memorandum is being signed
- The date of the signing of memorandum
- The offer details
- The subject content about which the memorandum is about
- The acceptance note from the other party
The main advantages of the memorandum of understanding are;
The decisions concerning the memorandum of understanding come under the local laws or national concerns. None of the international law can challenge the memorandum of understanding as that of the formal contract. The modifications in the memorandum of understanding can be made in much easier way rather than the formal contract which needs a lengthy procedure to be followed for the formal contracts.
Here is download link for this MOU Memo Template,
Download MOU Memo Template
You can also download more memo templates from another of my site.
Related Word Templates
- Office Memo Template Maintaining your supervisors, friends and employees nicely knowledgeable is important to an easy operating workplace. Whilst a great deal of day-to-day info is exchanged in individual, by way of e-mail, or on the phone, occasionally it is essential to compose an business office memo that memorializes conversations and steps that have currently taken location (such as worker […]
- Interoffice Memo Template An interoffice memo or memorandum is a document in written form that is used as a communications tool between the employees and employer and can written by any of them. It is also known as inter-company memo because it is widely used to circulate important work related information within an organization, company or office. Interoffice memos are just like business letters but the […]
- Credit Memo Template A credit memo is also known as invoice which is a document in which transaction details of a list of products or services that are purchased under that single transaction. Usually, people mix credit memos and statements however; these two are totally different things. A credit memo is written in a single transaction whereas a statement is created for a particular customer in which the […]
- Private Label Agreement Template Before entering into a private label agreement lets first understand what a private label means. A private label is a product or service that is specifically produced or made available by one company for offer under another company's trademark.
As for example, credit cards, these are offered by different bank brands with their labels on, but these cards are all powered by some […]
- Professional Services Agreement Template When a company involves another company or services provider for professional services, the services agreement is signed by both parties i.e. company and service provider. This agreement benefits both the company and the service provider with their rights and responsibilities so that no one violates any terms and mutually agreed clauses in the agreement. Small companies prepare this […]
- Vacation Request Template The unbridled pursuit of our passions is what differentiates a fulfilling career from a paper-pusher job where one drudges along with the daily duties ad infinitum, or at least until the twilight of one’s productive life.
The nature of work done, the remuneration as well as commendations received for successfully completed tasks and the achievement of mandates and goals are all key […]
- Promissory Note Template We often borrow money or get loans from persons or banks, in both cases a written promise or promissory note is advised to avoid any complications in future. Financial matters often need to raise funds for new ventures or to cope with financial crises in business. Both conditions demand some written agreement with persons or organizations sponsoring you in regard of loan. Promissory […]
- Confidentiality Contract Template Confidentiality agreement is used by two companies at the commencement of new work therefore it should be in standard written form. It is important to bind all parties to conceal sensitive information from outsiders. Confidentially contract is a clear indication that the information is private and only for the contract parties. This type of contracts are used as incentives to build […]
- Loan Agreement Template You may heard about loan agreements before, a loan is an agreement of borrowing money from the lender and then repay him after a specified time. The loan agreement may be in writing or in oral, the writing loan agreement is fully legal and it binds the borrower in the terms and conditions of loans. Loan agreements may be for persons, companies or group of companies and can have […]
- Car Lease Agreement Template Leasing is a procedure in which a firm or an individual be capable of achieve the utilization of a positive fixed assets intended for which it must disburse a series of contractual, episodic tax deductible payments. The lessee is known as the recipient of the services or the possessions underneath the lease contract and the lessor is the possessor of the possessions. Car leasing is the […]