A camp flyer is an advertising tool that includes the information about a forthcoming camping event in your colony, company, or parish, and invites others to join the camp. Generally, camp flyers are created by the management of the camping event so that they can get the attention of the public in the camp.
Since there are many different types of camps, such as summer camp, sports camp, training camp, youth camp, and entertaining camp; therefore, it is important to design and create the camp flyer accordingly. Moreover, there are many clubs or educational institutions that organize their camps. Regardless of the camp type, each camp flyer should have the necessary details about the camping event.
It is important that the flyer should be colorful, attention-grabbing, concise, but chock-full of details. Also use of appropriate images on the flyer is also very important as it shows what kind of camp you are going to organize. For example, choose images of football and football players for your football camp flyer. Likewise, for a summer camp flyer, you can use images of tents, palm trees, flip flops, or umbrellas. You can either use real photos and images or you can use clip art or you can use the combination of the both in order to make your camp flyer more appealing and interesting.
Here is preview of this Camp Flyer Template created using Microsoft Word,
However, there are some common mistakes that a lot of people usually make when designing a camp flyer. It is important to avoid them because they can greatly affect the way you want it to be delivered. These mistakes along with their solutions are as follows:
- Including too much information. In general, people don’t read stuff, especially in long paragraphs. Keep it brief, clear yet easily readable and simple to follow. Always keep white space in the flyer. It not only makes it easier to read but also makes it more attractive.
- Using inappropriate font and font size. Use of wrong font can make your flyer less attractive. Select the font that does not look messy or unclear. Likewise, font size of all the text on the flyer should not be either too small or too large.
- Not coordinating the design of a flyer with the theme of your camp. Use the design or images that best represent the theme of your camp. Also, colors that clash too much and go over the top can ruin all of your efforts of creating a good camp flyer. In short, selecting suitable images or pictures for a camp flyer is as important as selecting the right font to highlight your message. Therefore, select them carefully.
- Forgetting the most important things. You might be really excited to finalize and take out prints of your camp flyer so that you can start distributing them, but unless you have included the date, time and location of the camp, nobody will come there. Also, do include any items you would like guests to bring. Make sure to include necessary information in it.
- Following the above guidelines and avoiding the common mistakes will surely help you in designing and creating a good and appealing camp flyer.