It’s a tradition in almost every culture that whenever a memorable incident happens such as a birthday, wedding or house warming party, people invite their friends and relatives to enjoy those moments with them. Also these types of social gatherings are a big occasion to meet a lot of old friends and relatives under one roof. No matter how much busy you are or where you live, every time you are invited to such an event, you always try to attend it as it may be the only chance for you to see or meet some of those people. If you are invited to such an event, you have to get a present for the host or the person who is the main reason behind such a gathering. For example if you are invited to a house warming party, you get a present for the couple who got the house and if it’s a birthday party, you get the gift for the birthday person. Also some of the cultures have a tradition to give a return gift to all those who have attended the event. This means if you have invited 100 people to your child’s birthday and only 50 of them came, you have to arrange for 50 return gifts for those guests. This return gift doesn’t have to be an expensive one and you can even offer a couple of buck’s worth of gift.
As you have gone through the trouble of arranging and packing those gifts, you should also consider attaching a paper to the gift which thanks the person for his or her visit and for the gift they bring with them. That thank you paper is also called a thank you label which is a small slip that includes the names of the receivers and a thank you phrase. So of these labels also include a beautiful quote related to the event such as a birthday quote or wedding quote. This doesn’t need much money and you can do that at home but taking such a step shows that you care about the guests as you have dedicated so much time to arrange and pack these gifts. There are many websites that offer to create a thank you label for you or you can also choose from available list of labels but you have to pay a couple of bucks for that. And if you don’t want to pay anything, you can design the label at home. It may sound like a difficult thing but if you follow the simple rules discussed here, you can do that in a few moments.
Here is preview of a Free Printable Thank You Label Template created using MS Word,
General Guidelines to create a Thank You Label for you:
- Initially you need to decide whether you want to use a card stock, cardboard or a poster board. You can buy various types of papers from a book shop.
- After that, trace a template on that paper such as star, snowman or a cat depending upon the person who will receive it.
- On one side of the card, use colors and glitters to paint that figure on the label such as a doll or a teddy bear. Here you can also use stickers, markers or ribbons if you want to make it more beautiful.
- On the other side, put the name of the person who will receive the gift.
- Punch a hole at the upper side of the label and use a ribbon or colored thread to hang it to the gift.
- If you don’t want to punch or add a hole in the label, you can also use double sided tape to stick it to the gift box.