Salary surveys are almost performed by all the private and government organizations at the start of making salary strategies in order to create a salary range or pay figure for a particular level of job according to the moving market trend. For a fair business, it is very important to conduct and create a salary survey as this will make your employee attract towards you and will consider a successful and sensible business. Lower pay will result in dissatisfaction of your employees and overpay will increase the payroll budget of your company. For creating an equal level of salary offers and compensation for the employees, it is important to conduct a market survey in which companies and organization check for the salaries and compensations offered by other companies, associations, firms and institutes for a same level job position.
Tips to creating a Salary Survey
Usually, for conducting salary surveys, companies and firms use their own methods and techniques, however, following steps and tips will help you in creating a successful salary/wage survey.
Here is preview of a useful Salary Survey Template created using Microsoft Word,
Determine the Job Levels you want to make a Survey for
First of all, determine your job levels and positions you want to make a survey for, it is important to determine job positions because this will help you in creating a proper salary survey by limiting the numbers of jobs and designations. It will also help you in understanding the job description of each position that you have to consider while choosing firms and agencies to include in your survey. Job surveys if are conducted publicly can benefit you a lot if you have a determination of job position. For example, a company conducts a job survey for an executive post of a construction company by distributing 300 survey forms and get results that an average salary of executive post is $90,000, but 200 of them are working in the education field. The results will never help you in getting the required results.
For a successful survey, a particular location is important enough. For low level job positions, it is better to opt for a local level survey while for top level positions, always try to do a salary survey on a national level.
Instead of creating a public salary survey, it is good to approach particular agencies, companies and firms in your survey. This will help you in getting more accurate results as you are directly dealing with concern people. Moreover, this is a time saving and money saving method. Choose organizations that are closer to your company in terms of size, operations, functions and type of business.
Create a survey form
Once you choose these criteria, the next step is to create a salary survey form. A salary survey form is based on a list of questions that are known as survey questionnaires that are usually about the job position, experience, starting salary, current salary, compensation, job satisfaction etc.
Distribution of Salary Survey Forms
Finally, distribute your survey forms to the concerned individuals, however, never send a survey form in email without asking permission for which you must have to contact the person personally and should discuss your points and then ask for the survey form. This is a professional way that will increase the chances of getting accurate answers.
Here is download link for this Salary Survey Template,
Related Word Templates
- Sample Salary Survey Template A salary survey is designed to collect the information about the salary records of a particular target group of a people. The information collected is actually from a special target public and is for a particular purpose therefore, the design of the survey is totally dependent upon the particular requirements and the needs which are there to be extracted from that collected […]
- Sample Satisfaction Survey Template The employee satisfaction surveys are important to collect the information of the employees for the better management of the organizations and to improve their efficiency in accordance with the company’s growth and development. The measure of employee’s satisfaction is important to;
Keep the quality employees working satisfactorily
To boost up the productivity of the company by […]
- Investment Proposal Template An Investment Proposal is presented when any company or an organization is proposed to bring a new project in the market or wants to sell some new services or objects. Such a proposal is presented in order to give a complete snapshot of the future objectives and business investment details. The advantage of the investment proposal is that it harmonizes the efforts of the sales team of […]
- Marketing Poster Template Marketing poster is one of the frequently used but effective marketing tools just like business cards, posters, newsletters etc. An attractive and well designed marketing poster will help you to get major market share. Eye-catching poster will help you to target right person at right time. Use of marketing poster is one of the best marketing strategies, specifically for those who have […]
- Petty Cash Receipt Template If you intend to run some business, you have to understand format guidelines for cash receipts to make your job easy. Cash receipt is a piece of paper that you hand over to your customers as a proof his purchase from you. Generally a receipt shows the name of product, its model, an item price and total price of all items together. Moreover, in case you have purchased various products […]
- Grant Proposal Template In the business world, grant proposals are common things about people all the time are talking. Governments of different countries including U.S government, a number of specific projects with millions of dollars are offered to individuals, firms and organizations. The funding for different projects offered by government is termed as grant and the offer is called a proposal. […]
- Partnership Agreement Template Partnership is a lawful affiliation that exists between two or more persons in order to carry on a business on mutual terms. Business can be an occupation, trade or profession that carries on by two or more persons with mutual consent in order to share profit and loss equally according to their investment. In order to diminish the chances of conflicts, it is necessary to prepare a […]
- Sales Proposal Template It is a universal fact that your company’s success or failure depends upon creating a great sales proposal. This article will focus on a few tips as regards the sales proposal.
In the first part of the article here are three things to be discussed to prepare an attractive sales proposal. In order to create a proposal, the first thing you keep in mind, is to educate your client. You […]
- Marketing Plan Template Marketing for a company can be defined in many ways but in simple and easy words, it’s the strategy or planning of advertising a company in the market. Companies and organizations can’t survive or operate without marketing these days. Yes there were times when there were no concepts of marketing or advertising and the companies used to work fine in that situation but now the markets […]
- User Manual Template User manual also known as user’s guide is a technical communication document designed to provide assistance to people about particular system. User manuals are found with almost all electronic devices to help new user about the use of device. It is important part of your product marketing therefore it is necessary to write it carefully without any confusion. You have to use simple and […]