If you want to become a market leader of top quality products and services, you have to write a sound mission statement to define your goals and objectives. An effective mission statement is important to elucidate the intentions and goals of your business. The mission statement should be a striking blend of realism and optimism. A great mission statement will help you to define objectives of your business. You can easily develop your business plans by writing a mission statement. It will persuade potential investors to invest in your business, and you can also enjoy lots of other benefits with the help of a sound mission statement. If you want to write an effective mission statement, you have to consider following elements:
4 Key Elements to Include
The mission statement should not only be written in optimistic tone, but the real purpose should be explained. The four elements that should be included in an effective mission statement are:
Write everything in short sentences to covey the true message about the value of your company and existing brands. You have to encourage your employees to work realistically and try to be as specific as possible. Do not forget to select a theme for your company that may help you to settle other matters of the company.
Keep Your Statement Concise and Simple
Write your mission statement in concise and effective way to make it easy to understand. Try to sum up the actual mission of your company in one or two sentences. Try to explain your slogan and keep it memorable and effective. There is no need to write complicated words and sentences to keep it friendly for the readers.
Long Term and Short Term Goals
The mission statement should reflect both short term and long term goals in an inspirational way. Try to be as specific as possible to make your mission statement influential. Clearly explain your goals in the mission statement and stay as relevant as possible. If you want to make your mission statement effective for long time, use global language to write your mission statement and to clearly explain the purpose of your company. You should explain the growing potential of your company in future.
Test Your Mission Statement
If you are redrafting your mission statement, do not blindside your employees and test your mission statement on them for trial. Dispense the final draft of your mission statement among your employees and ask them to modify it. In this way, you can get better ideas to design a more comprehensive mission statement to accurately reflect your organization.
Frequently Revise Your Mission Statement
If you want to cope with changing era, you have to revise your mission statement on frequent basis. Include new ideas and themes in your mission statement to increase the profitability of your business. Your mission statement should show the parallel direction of your business to persuade potential investors. Tweak your statement and make all necessary changes on frequent basis to increase the profitability and success of your company.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Mission Statement Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for above shown free Mission Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Mission Statement Template So you can get what you need, you must learn what you would like exactly! If you're fed up with moving in vagueness and uncertainness in life, the time is right that you simply give your life a reason. Without having a goal or a mission, we're just like rudderless boats lost in seashore, chucked around by the vicissitudes of daily life. It's time to seize control over your personal […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]
- Brand Positioning Statement Template In the modern age of technology, every man tries to look different than others and likes to call himself a unique and special person. The one special thing to look like this is to have a brand name. In line with the United States Promoting Affiliation, a brand can be “a name, term, design, symbolic representation, or any element which determines one dealer great. It is type of the […]
- Copyright Statement Template This is quite obvious from the title that it’s a statement that informs others not to copy a material or a product as the producer or the owner has registered it to his name.
It is very much possible that when a person invents or writes something remarkable or unique, there grows a competition in the market making others to do the same or copy the style. This […]
- Capability Statement Template A statement that defines the capabilities, skills, achievements and accomplishments of a company is usually known as capability statement. This is an official document presented by the company that wants other companies or businesses to do business with it.
Elements of a Capability Statement:
Description of the products and services a company is […]
- Army Sworn Statement Template Sworn statement is important to use in various circumstances, including law enforcement and litigation of lawsuits. The sworn statements are provided under oath and penalty of perjury. Sworn statements are usually used for the police officers, court reporters, army officers and lot of other persons. You just have to swear that your presented and prepared statements are true. An army […]
- Business Development Plan Template A business development plan refers to the planning and strategies of making more profit for the business and enhancing its performance over time to time. It also includes increasing the business operations with other businesses and acquiring more clientele from local and international market.
Why it is important for a Business to have a Development Plan?
When a business starts, […]
- PEST Analysis Diagram PEST is a word with for alphabets and in this word; each alphabet stands for a unique and important market research tool. This includes political, economic, social and technological. As a business owner, you can understand that it is really important to research before you invest your money in any project. To do so, whenever a company wants to start a new product or make big changes to […]
- Closing Statement Template Closing statement can be defined in many ways i.e. the conclusion at the end of a case in court, the final financial statement at the end of each quarter or the final documents that are presented to both parties in case of a real estate purchase or selling. Closing statement is used in so many areas and fields that it’s not possible to explain it related to one field and the writer […]
- Normative Statement Template Business progresses on various factors and each one of these factors is of pivotal importance in the flourishing of the business. Honest, accuracy, positivity, time management and punctuality are some of the characteristics of a successful business man but there are other certain technical characteristics that one should develop to be successful in this competitive field and being able […]