An investment policy statement is generally a plan to define an individual’s or a company’s financial and investment goals and objectives for present and future. This also includes the useful strategies that will be implemented for achieving the goals and objectives as per plan.
Brief Description of Investment Policy Statement:
It is not possible to have the good rate or interest or return on investment all the time and with just a slightly delayed decision or a wrong step; you can lose a fortune in the investment and trading world. To make sure that you always keep on track and you have defined your goals and objectives before time for your future investment plans, an investment policy statement is here to help you out.
Benefits of having an Investment Policy Statement:
This is something that every investor or financial person can take benefit from investment policy statement processes. First of all, you keep in mind that an investment policy statement is actually the sum of all the decisions related to your finances and investments for your future. This way with this plan, you can make sure that you invest according to your pre-decided choices and you act timely on the rarely found chances in the financial world.
On the other hand, the IPS plan keeps you on track by keep you motivating and aligned on the track for achieving preset goals and objectives. This plan here also serves as the motivator and leader so that either there is a boost or delay in the market, you don’t lose your patience and make wrong decisions in hurry.
Difference Between Common and Real World IPS:
Usually it seems like the same thing but there is a huge difference in commonly adopted investment policy statements and the ones that are implemented in the real trading and financial world. Here take a look at the real world IPSs and their elements:
- Investment philosophy:
This is the heart of the investment policy statement as it defines the core of your IPS and the terms and conditions that will be implemented in your statement. For example, you want to retire at age 60, you want to earn more than $50000 per year or anything else that suits you.
- Asset allocation:
This part includes the second most important thing in the IPS which is the assets. To ensure that you have developed the right kind of statement, you need to allocate your assets so that you can retrieve them when you need them.
- Funds and accounts:
This part includes the funds and accounts that you will operate for your investment policy statement plan.
- Target allocation:
Here you allocate all the deductions i.e. account holding expenses, tax deductions and other expenses that are necessary for the investment policy statement plan.
- Other considerations:
In case you have missed anything or there are particulars according to your plan that can’t go anywhere in the above mentioned elements, you can include that information and details in this part here in the other consideration.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Investment Policy Statement Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for above shown free Investment Policy Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Strategy Plan Template Strategy can be defined in many ways but in business world, it is a plan, a way, a method or a clear direction towards achieving the goals that an organization has defined earlier. You know that every business and both types of organizations (profitable and non-profitable) work on plans and goals which can vary with respect to each different company.
For example, a paper company has […]
- Company Analysis Report Template A company analysis report is an analysis that is done about the past progress of a company. It is done to find out whether the company has made some progress in the past years or months. A company analysis report is done so that the managers get an idea on how far they have gone in the operations in the past years or the last few months.
This way, they know whether they can achieve […]
- Disclosure Statement Template As we define the word disclosure, it means revealing something or telling about a hidden fact and as we talk about disclosure statement, it serves the same purpose. Disclosure statement is a very wide phrase that is used in so many areas i.e. banking, retirement planning and loan processing and in each of these areas, it has the different purpose.
In simple words, a disclosure […]
- Mission Statement Template So you can get what you need, you must learn what you would like exactly! If you're fed up with moving in vagueness and uncertainness in life, the time is right that you simply give your life a reason. Without having a goal or a mission, we're just like rudderless boats lost in seashore, chucked around by the vicissitudes of daily life. It's time to seize control over your personal […]
- Credit Card Statement Template With the modernization of business and banking techniques mankind was introduced with a new way of payment without carrying cash with you all time instead the idea was that anyone can carry a card with a person’s business details attached with it, making him/her able to business, or go shopping with one less thing to worry about. With ease there come some technical difficulties, I […]
- Sponsorship Plan Template Even when an organization is non-profitable, it can’t operate without finances and resources which mean a company needs money to run and to achieve its goals. Most of the time, when a company is started, it is owned by a single person who was behind the great idea that made the company start in the market but sometimes when a person has the idea but not the money, he presents his ideas […]
- Marketing Plan Template Marketing for a company can be defined in many ways but in simple and easy words, it’s the strategy or planning of advertising a company in the market. Companies and organizations can’t survive or operate without marketing these days. Yes there were times when there were no concepts of marketing or advertising and the companies used to work fine in that situation but now the markets […]
- Capability Statement Template A statement that defines the capabilities, skills, achievements and accomplishments of a company is usually known as capability statement. This is an official document presented by the company that wants other companies or businesses to do business with it.
Elements of a Capability Statement:
Description of the products and services a company is […]
- Project Management Plan Template Companies run projects all the time and it is very common for an organization to work on more than one project at once. But, no project is started without a proper management plan which provides an overview of the project to the important related people i.e. CEOs, directors and stakeholders.
The process that includes the brief introduction, explanation, responsibilities, resource […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]