As we define the word disclosure, it means revealing something or telling about a hidden fact and as we talk about disclosure statement, it serves the same purpose. Disclosure statement is a very wide phrase that is used in so many areas i.e. banking, retirement planning and loan processing and in each of these areas, it has the different purpose.
In simple words, a disclosure statement is a document that is provided to an IRA account holder about the details of the account and it’s usually sent to the owner at least 7 days prior to finalizing the account so that if the owner doesn’t like the terms and conditions, he can revoke the account. On the other hand, disclosure statements are also sent by the loan and mortgage companies to their clients and it includes the details of a loan plan i.e. interest rate, loan fee, capital amount, payment schedules and the rights of both the loan company and the customer.
Keeping Something in Mind:
Before we go any further, you need to keep one thing in your mind that no matter how much you hate to read the financial letters, you are required to read the disclosure statement letter sent to you because if you don’t, there will be serious consequences and a lot of surprises for you in the future. You should understand that a disclosure statement is not something very common and if a company sends it to you, they really want to talk to you about something important and it’s in your favor that you respond to their letter.
As we have discussed above that a disclosure statement can be defined in many ways and in each way, it has its own definition and explanation so here we are going to talk only about the financial area where disclosure statements are used. In the financial field, disclosure statements are sent to the people who are about to set up an account or want to change something with their banks or loan companies and as there are so many details, the company or bank is legally bound to inform them about these procedures and terms and conditions in simplest words so that they understand.
This is the reason that when you receive a disclosure statement, you can easily understand it even if you are not related to accounting or banking in any way. The words that are used in the disclosure statements are kept very simple and easy so that everyone can get the idea of the statement letter.
In a very simple and common example, we are going to elaborate the necessity of disclosure statements. Suppose you apply for a loan and when you meet your loan officer, he talks and talks about dozens of things that you can’t understand as you don’t know the loan procedures that well. If that’s the case, there is a possibility that you will put your foot in a wrong place. This is why the loan company sends you a disclosure statement before finalizing your loan so that you can easily understand the terms and conditions of the loan company and respond to them with your final decision.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Disclosure Statement Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this free Disclosure Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Promissory Note Template We often borrow money or get loans from persons or banks, in both cases a written promise or promissory note is advised to avoid any complications in future. Financial matters often need to raise funds for new ventures or to cope with financial crises in business. Both conditions demand some written agreement with persons or organizations sponsoring you in regard of loan. Promissory […]
- Closing Statement Template Closing statement can be defined in many ways i.e. the conclusion at the end of a case in court, the final financial statement at the end of each quarter or the final documents that are presented to both parties in case of a real estate purchase or selling. Closing statement is used in so many areas and fields that it’s not possible to explain it related to one field and the writer […]
- Private Label Agreement Template Before entering into a private label agreement lets first understand what a private label means. A private label is a product or service that is specifically produced or made available by one company for offer under another company's trademark.
As for example, credit cards, these are offered by different bank brands with their labels on, but these cards are all powered by some […]
- Investment Policy Statement Template An investment policy statement is generally a plan to define an individual’s or a company’s financial and investment goals and objectives for present and future. This also includes the useful strategies that will be implemented for achieving the goals and objectives as per plan.
Brief Description of Investment Policy Statement:
It is not possible to have the good rate or interest […]
- Bank Statement Template So many people are staying hardly in front of the mounting heaps of bank statements which they get monthly. It's incredible how fast they stack up and just how much space they use up. Use of the subsequent tips can be applied to your plight that can help to arrange your bank statements. Managing your bank statement indicates verifying your check book data go along with the lending […]
- Financial Statement Template A Financial Statement is designed to portray a clear picture of the financial health of the company. The financial reports are prepared on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The financial reports are of different types, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. It is a professional way to report your income sources and total income spent. It is an appropriate […]
- Mission Statement Template So you can get what you need, you must learn what you would like exactly! If you're fed up with moving in vagueness and uncertainness in life, the time is right that you simply give your life a reason. Without having a goal or a mission, we're just like rudderless boats lost in seashore, chucked around by the vicissitudes of daily life. It's time to seize control over your personal […]
- Credit Card Statement Template With the modernization of business and banking techniques mankind was introduced with a new way of payment without carrying cash with you all time instead the idea was that anyone can carry a card with a person’s business details attached with it, making him/her able to business, or go shopping with one less thing to worry about. With ease there come some technical difficulties, I […]
- Employment Certificate Template Employment certificate is an important document in anyone’s professional life. This is a certification or proof of the fact that one is employed. Employment certificates are to be issued by the employers, which are companies in most of the cases. Employment certificate mentions necessary details about one employ, which includes the time period for which he or she had been employed in […]
- Capability Statement Template A statement that defines the capabilities, skills, achievements and accomplishments of a company is usually known as capability statement. This is an official document presented by the company that wants other companies or businesses to do business with it.
Elements of a Capability Statement:
Description of the products and services a company is […]