Closing statement can be defined in many ways i.e. the conclusion at the end of a case in court, the final financial statement at the end of each quarter or the final documents that are presented to both parties in case of a real estate purchase or selling. Closing statement is used in so many areas and fields that it’s not possible to explain it related to one field and the writer first has to decide from which perspective he will discuss closing statement i.e. law, accounting or real estate.
As it’s cleared above that closing statement can be defined in many ways and it is necessary to choose an area so here we will explain the closing statement related to law and court. It is very easy to elaborate that the closing statement is actually the final argument that each attorney presents in from of the judge and the jury. This argument includes information and overview of the entire case and a closing phrase i.e. therefore I ask you to release my client as it’s proved that he is innocent. You can also think of the closing statement as the last words of each lawyer in a particular case as no one will be allowed to speak to the judge or jury once they have completed their closing statement.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Closing Statement Template created using MS Word,
Importance of Closing Statement and its Elements:
Either we talk about a court case, financial statement or a real estate deal, final or closing statements are very important as they include the overall details of the entire case, deal or business quarter. Usually a lawyer is provided around 5-6 minutes to conclude his or her closing statement so it has to be brief but not lengthy as it won’t fit in 5-6 minutes duration.
A closing statement includes the facts and figures right from the beginning of the case and it’s the duty of the lawyer to include each and every important fact worth discussing at the end of the case. This is so important that most of the times, lawyers spend hours and hours on deciding what should they discuss in the closing statement and what’s not relevant to discuss in there.
Difference between opening and Closing Statements:
The critical difference between and opening and closing statement is that the opening statement is much of an introduction and letting listeners know what you want to talk about or what you will discuss in your talking where on the other hand, a closing statement is much of a conclusion at the end and it usually doesn’t add anything new as opening statement but only the previous facts and figures are discussed in the closing statements.
For example, in a court, when a case starts, the lawyer can’t declare that the accused person is the criminal i.e. murderer in the opening statement but he has to prove it throughout the case where on the other hand, in a closing statement, he can conclude his case by saying that the accused person is proved to be the murderer.
Here is download link for above shown Closing Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Bi-conditional Statement Template A Bi-conditional statement is a mathematical and logical construct according to which, one statement is true if and only if another statement is true. These kinds of statements are used in the geometric and formal logic proofs. The truth and false of the statements is based on the truth and false of both statements. If the both statements are true, the table will be true, and if the […]
- Credit Card Statement Template With the modernization of business and banking techniques mankind was introduced with a new way of payment without carrying cash with you all time instead the idea was that anyone can carry a card with a person’s business details attached with it, making him/her able to business, or go shopping with one less thing to worry about. With ease there come some technical difficulties, I […]
- Capability Statement Template A statement that defines the capabilities, skills, achievements and accomplishments of a company is usually known as capability statement. This is an official document presented by the company that wants other companies or businesses to do business with it.
Elements of a Capability Statement:
Description of the products and services a company is […]
- Brand Positioning Statement Template In the modern age of technology, every man tries to look different than others and likes to call himself a unique and special person. The one special thing to look like this is to have a brand name. In line with the United States Promoting Affiliation, a brand can be “a name, term, design, symbolic representation, or any element which determines one dealer great. It is type of the […]
- Normative Statement Template Business progresses on various factors and each one of these factors is of pivotal importance in the flourishing of the business. Honest, accuracy, positivity, time management and punctuality are some of the characteristics of a successful business man but there are other certain technical characteristics that one should develop to be successful in this competitive field and being able […]
- Opening Statement Template In any judicial trial or court hearing, the first step to road towards the proceedings of the case is put forward by the lawyer known by the term opening statement. Here all the base facts and events which have occurred are presented in front of the court; the jurors and the judge himself / herself watches over this statement to proceed with the case. Even though the opening statement […]
- Financial Statement Template A Financial Statement is designed to portray a clear picture of the financial health of the company. The financial reports are prepared on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The financial reports are of different types, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. It is a professional way to report your income sources and total income spent. It is an appropriate […]
- Copyright Statement Template This is quite obvious from the title that it’s a statement that informs others not to copy a material or a product as the producer or the owner has registered it to his name.
It is very much possible that when a person invents or writes something remarkable or unique, there grows a competition in the market making others to do the same or copy the style. This […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]
- Statement of Work Template A work statement, or SOW, is the scripture for your work and task. Your SOW is your important resource whether it's getting used to immediate work with a merchant or company, or it's getting used to lead the project internally, your SOW should have an outline of your entire job which is anticipated. The outline doesn't have to be at the fine detail degree, certainly for big tasks […]