A statement that defines the capabilities, skills, achievements and accomplishments of a company is usually known as capability statement. This is an official document presented by the company that wants other companies or businesses to do business with it.
Elements of a Capability Statement:
- Company overview
- Description of the products and services a company is offering
- Brief description of the above mentioned services and products
- An overview of past performance in the market
- Comments from potential clients and long term customers
- Qualification statement by senior staff or board of directors
- How a company is planning to perform in the future (regarding the performance)
- An overview about what a client should expect from the company
- Contact information (street address, telephone numbers, fax number, email address and website)
- A detailed list of previous customers along with their recommendation comments
Here is preview of a Free Sample Capability Statement Template created using MS Word,
Although we have discussed the elements of a capability statement above in the content but this topic is very important and as most of the companies use capability statements almost every day, we are going to provide you a brief idea about how to write an impressive and unique capability statement for your company. There are three basic elements that you need to include in the capability statement such as;
This is the top and most important element of a capability statement. If your capability statement doesn’t even have any specific capabilities enlists in the document, what’s the use of this document then? It is not a good idea to put the capabilities in dense and lengthy paragraphs explaining irrelevant stuff but you should enlist the capabilities in a bullet list form so that with a glance, it’s easier to understand it.
This is a list of the aspects or factors that differentiate you and your company from other service providers in the market. With this part of the capability statement, you actually convince the reader to compare your company with other companies in the market and see the difference by his own eyes. This part doesn’t seem very difficult but when you do it, you find out that this is very hard to enlist the difference when there are dozens of the companies providing the same services in the same market.
- Past performance:
If you are doing business for a while, you definitely know that most of the time, clients come with references. This means if you satisfy one customer, there are good chances that you will get 10 more clients just because of that one satisfied customer. In the same manner, you provide your previous record and achievements in the past in this capability statement and this way, you enable the readers to analyze that your company is worth trusting as number of other people did.
Types of Capability Statements:
- One page document (used for open door relationship with agencies and customers)
- Capability statement (part of a request for proposal response)
- Capability briefing (capability statement used during meetings)
Here is download link for above shown Capability Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Brand Positioning Statement Template In the modern age of technology, every man tries to look different than others and likes to call himself a unique and special person. The one special thing to look like this is to have a brand name. In line with the United States Promoting Affiliation, a brand can be “a name, term, design, symbolic representation, or any element which determines one dealer great. It is type of the […]
- Credit Card Statement Template With the modernization of business and banking techniques mankind was introduced with a new way of payment without carrying cash with you all time instead the idea was that anyone can carry a card with a person’s business details attached with it, making him/her able to business, or go shopping with one less thing to worry about. With ease there come some technical difficulties, I […]
- Normative Statement Template Business progresses on various factors and each one of these factors is of pivotal importance in the flourishing of the business. Honest, accuracy, positivity, time management and punctuality are some of the characteristics of a successful business man but there are other certain technical characteristics that one should develop to be successful in this competitive field and being able […]
- Bi-conditional Statement Template A Bi-conditional statement is a mathematical and logical construct according to which, one statement is true if and only if another statement is true. These kinds of statements are used in the geometric and formal logic proofs. The truth and false of the statements is based on the truth and false of both statements. If the both statements are true, the table will be true, and if the […]
- Closing Statement Template Closing statement can be defined in many ways i.e. the conclusion at the end of a case in court, the final financial statement at the end of each quarter or the final documents that are presented to both parties in case of a real estate purchase or selling. Closing statement is used in so many areas and fields that it’s not possible to explain it related to one field and the writer […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]
- Copyright Statement Template This is quite obvious from the title that it’s a statement that informs others not to copy a material or a product as the producer or the owner has registered it to his name.
It is very much possible that when a person invents or writes something remarkable or unique, there grows a competition in the market making others to do the same or copy the style. This […]
- Opening Statement Template In any judicial trial or court hearing, the first step to road towards the proceedings of the case is put forward by the lawyer known by the term opening statement. Here all the base facts and events which have occurred are presented in front of the court; the jurors and the judge himself / herself watches over this statement to proceed with the case. Even though the opening statement […]
- Financial Statement Template A Financial Statement is designed to portray a clear picture of the financial health of the company. The financial reports are prepared on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The financial reports are of different types, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. It is a professional way to report your income sources and total income spent. It is an appropriate […]
- Statement of Work Template A work statement, or SOW, is the scripture for your work and task. Your SOW is your important resource whether it's getting used to immediate work with a merchant or company, or it's getting used to lead the project internally, your SOW should have an outline of your entire job which is anticipated. The outline doesn't have to be at the fine detail degree, certainly for big tasks […]