An artist statement is a short piece of writing drafted with a creative mind behind it to complement a particular painting(s). The artist statement should be written carefully, because it is an important selling tool and helps you to promote and explain your work to people interested in your paintings; they can be potential buyers, stewards of exhibition, fellow artists, or casual browsers. The artist statement should be reader-friendly, informative and easy to understand without any irritation or funny statement. It is a vital part of the good portfolio and the owner of the gallery always respect a well designed artist statement.
Length of the Artist Statement
Too long and too short artist statement will not help, because the people can’t read lengthy details and the incomplete statement is not beneficial. Try to write almost 100 words in the statement and divide the contents in the three short paragraphs to grab the attention of reader.
Contents of the Artist Statement
The artist statement should contain details about the painting style and the theme of painting. You can write few words about your painting approach and mention your education related to it. Do not forget to write about your inspiration and the significant awards you have won in this field. Write about your collection, previous exhibitions and painting organization societies. Keep it in mind that you are just writing introduction of your skills and the painting, instead of converting your artist statement a resume. There is no need to worry if you do no have painting qualifications, because your work will show your credibility, instead of your qualifications.
Use Visual Words
If you find it difficult to describe your thoughts and work with your words, do not worry, because you can explain everything in visual words. It is true that a painter finds it difficult to write artist statement, you can highlight your achievements in the visual words. While describing your work in the artist statement, you have to consider that the person did not know anything and you have to explain it. Write all qualities that you want to promote by designing an effective artist statement.
Modification in the Artist Statement
If you want to make some changes in the artist statement, do it easily, because the statement will be changed in every situation. You have to write a separate artist statement according to your skills and particular applications.
Make it Active
It will be good to use verbs, important terminology and ideology to make it comprehensive. Do not use third person, because the first person is a perfect choice. For instance, you can write the style of painting and your disagreement with other cultures.
Read and Revise
Your artist statement should be free from all errors and for this purpose, proofread your statement. Take the services of a friend to read and revise the statement. Write in professional tone and do not be apologetic for anything. A well written and comprehensive artist statement will help you to increase your sales.
Here is preview of a Free Artist Statement Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Artist Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Copyright Statement Template This is quite obvious from the title that it’s a statement that informs others not to copy a material or a product as the producer or the owner has registered it to his name.
It is very much possible that when a person invents or writes something remarkable or unique, there grows a competition in the market making others to do the same or copy the style. This […]
- Normative Statement Template Business progresses on various factors and each one of these factors is of pivotal importance in the flourishing of the business. Honest, accuracy, positivity, time management and punctuality are some of the characteristics of a successful business man but there are other certain technical characteristics that one should develop to be successful in this competitive field and being able […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]
- Financial Statement Template A Financial Statement is designed to portray a clear picture of the financial health of the company. The financial reports are prepared on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The financial reports are of different types, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. It is a professional way to report your income sources and total income spent. It is an appropriate […]
- Opening Statement Template In any judicial trial or court hearing, the first step to road towards the proceedings of the case is put forward by the lawyer known by the term opening statement. Here all the base facts and events which have occurred are presented in front of the court; the jurors and the judge himself / herself watches over this statement to proceed with the case. Even though the opening statement […]
- Purpose Statement Template The Statement of Purpose (SoP), also referred to as personal statement, is actually an essay which is provided by the candidate for attaining admittance to a specific program in a grad school or a college. A lot of programs and classes need a statement of purpose. The SoP is a short article, normally about 1-2 pages of content, which allows the admission panel learn about your previous […]
- Brand Positioning Statement Template In the modern age of technology, every man tries to look different than others and likes to call himself a unique and special person. The one special thing to look like this is to have a brand name. In line with the United States Promoting Affiliation, a brand can be “a name, term, design, symbolic representation, or any element which determines one dealer great. It is type of the […]
- Mission Statement Template So you can get what you need, you must learn what you would like exactly! If you're fed up with moving in vagueness and uncertainness in life, the time is right that you simply give your life a reason. Without having a goal or a mission, we're just like rudderless boats lost in seashore, chucked around by the vicissitudes of daily life. It's time to seize control over your personal […]
- Operating Statement Template An operating statement also referred to as profits record or cash and deprivation statement is actually a monetary statement featuring a firm's net profit or net sale loss for the number of months. The operating statement also referred to as an income and loss report or a revenue record is a crucial fiscal report used by all businesses. A practical report is usually worked out right […]
- Cash Flow Statement Template The cash flow statement is usually the key book keeping resource in the industry proprietor’s toolbox. Cash flow statements can easily present the solutions and purposes of revenue. Down below, you'll find the fundamental parts that must definitely be incorporated to get an efficient cash flow statement.
Business is jogging out of funds? Exactly where has the cash ended up? Knowing […]