This is quite obvious from the title that it’s a statement that informs others not to copy a material or a product as the producer or the owner has registered it to his name.
It is very much possible that when a person invents or writes something remarkable or unique, there grows a competition in the market making others to do the same or copy the style. This can be little disturbing for the one who originally produced it. For example, a person writes a great novel and when it’s published, it’s a hit. Now some people will publish it without the knowledge of the author which is not the right thing to do. This is why authors put a copyright statement on their writing to inform others that no one is allowed to copy or publish the content without writer’s knowledge or permission in some cases.
This is not only for the writers but every business and company uses copyright statements all the time. If a company has established good credibility in the market, it is possible that someone else will open a company of the same just to take advantage but it could damage the credibility of the original company so in order to save their name, companies register their names and produced brands so that no one can copy it for their own sake.
Benefits of Copyright Statement:
As we have discussed above that the key benefit of copyright statement is that the owner or the holder of the registered content i.e. product, service, written material can protect his invention from people who want to copy it for their own sake. This way the owner or holder also makes sure that his content will not be published without his knowledge and there is no chance that someone will change anything just for his own good.
What goes in a Copyright Statement?
||Name of the owner of the copyright
||Year when it’s registered
||Statement “all rights reserved”
|Usually there is a symbol for putting copyright on something but if you somehow can’t, just put C in parentheses like (C).
||Secondly, you need to add the word ‘copyright’ along with the symbol.
||Here goes the name of the owner or the holder of the copyright statement.
||Here goes the year when something in particular was registered i.e. 2010, 2011 or 2012.
||At the end, you need to add the phrase ‘all rights reserved’. This gives people an idea that it’s legally your property and no one can use it in any way.
Putting limits on the Copyright Material:
When you copyright something i.e. a book or a screen play, the basic idea behind doing that is to make sure that no one uses it in any way against your will or without your knowledge. Most of the times, people who copyright something, don’t allow others to do anything with copyrighted material but sometimes, they put some limits or jurisdictions i.e. publishing without author’s permission is prohibited. This means that the copyright material can be published but the publisher needs to ask for the permission of the writer or author.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Copyright Statement Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this free sample Copyright Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]
- Opening Statement Template In any judicial trial or court hearing, the first step to road towards the proceedings of the case is put forward by the lawyer known by the term opening statement. Here all the base facts and events which have occurred are presented in front of the court; the jurors and the judge himself / herself watches over this statement to proceed with the case. Even though the opening statement […]
- Financial Statement Template A Financial Statement is designed to portray a clear picture of the financial health of the company. The financial reports are prepared on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The financial reports are of different types, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. It is a professional way to report your income sources and total income spent. It is an appropriate […]
- Artist Statement Template An artist statement is a short piece of writing drafted with a creative mind behind it to complement a particular painting(s). The artist statement should be written carefully, because it is an important selling tool and helps you to promote and explain your work to people interested in your paintings; they can be potential buyers, stewards of exhibition, fellow artists, or casual […]
- Capability Statement Template A statement that defines the capabilities, skills, achievements and accomplishments of a company is usually known as capability statement. This is an official document presented by the company that wants other companies or businesses to do business with it.
Elements of a Capability Statement:
Description of the products and services a company is […]
- Closing Statement Template Closing statement can be defined in many ways i.e. the conclusion at the end of a case in court, the final financial statement at the end of each quarter or the final documents that are presented to both parties in case of a real estate purchase or selling. Closing statement is used in so many areas and fields that it’s not possible to explain it related to one field and the writer […]
- Credit Card Statement Template With the modernization of business and banking techniques mankind was introduced with a new way of payment without carrying cash with you all time instead the idea was that anyone can carry a card with a person’s business details attached with it, making him/her able to business, or go shopping with one less thing to worry about. With ease there come some technical difficulties, I […]
- Brand Positioning Statement Template In the modern age of technology, every man tries to look different than others and likes to call himself a unique and special person. The one special thing to look like this is to have a brand name. In line with the United States Promoting Affiliation, a brand can be “a name, term, design, symbolic representation, or any element which determines one dealer great. It is type of the […]
- Normative Statement Template Business progresses on various factors and each one of these factors is of pivotal importance in the flourishing of the business. Honest, accuracy, positivity, time management and punctuality are some of the characteristics of a successful business man but there are other certain technical characteristics that one should develop to be successful in this competitive field and being able […]
- Bi-conditional Statement Template A Bi-conditional statement is a mathematical and logical construct according to which, one statement is true if and only if another statement is true. These kinds of statements are used in the geometric and formal logic proofs. The truth and false of the statements is based on the truth and false of both statements. If the both statements are true, the table will be true, and if the […]