A Financial Statement is designed to portray a clear picture of the financial health of the company. The financial reports are prepared on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The financial reports are of different types, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. It is a professional way to report your income sources and total income spent. It is an appropriate way to maintain the accurate record to file income tax returns. The financial reports are reviewed and analyzed by the investors, financial analysts, board of directors and government agencies.
Tips to Design Financial Statements
In the first step, you have to decide the total time period to be covered in the financial reports. The financial reports are designed after four months, six months or 12 months. It may depend on the laws and needs of the company.
It is important to prepare a journal ledger to record every transaction with proper date. This will help you to adjust the financial statements. It is an easy way to effectively show the assets and liabilities on the both sides of the company.
Prepare Balance Sheet
The left side of the balance sheet contains assets, cash in hand, cash at bank and accounts receivable. The right side of the balance sheet will contain liabilities, including accounts payables, mortgages and other loan payments.
The equity will be written on the liabilities side of the balance sheet. The equity is also labeled as capital or net worth of the business. The amount of money the company has left after paying off all liabilities is known as capital of the company. After completing your balance sheet, sum up the totals of both assets and liabilities. The balance of assets should be equal to the liabilities and equity.
Prepare the Income Statement
The income statement is one of the most important financial statements, because it helps you to have control over the costs and expenses that are directly related to the income. In this statement, you have to add up total sales or gross revenue and subtract the returns as well allowances on the sales. You will get the amount of net revenue.
All operating expenses and costs will be recorded in the statement that is important to do the business. You have to subtract these costs from the net revenue to get the gross profit. The general and administrative expenses, including rent, utilities, depreciation, dues and salaries should be listed in a separate section. The wear and tear of the building, machinery and equipment is known as deprecation. The total amount will give you net profit.
Prepare Cash Flow Statement
The cash flow statement is an important document to track the ins and outs of the cash from the accounts of the company. The statement proves really helpful to prepare balance sheet and income statement.
Write operating activities of the company, because it will prove helpful to reconcile the net income with the total amount of cash the company needed for the operating activities. Maintain a complete record of investment activities to show the income from sales and profits from the investment portfolios of the company.
Write about all financial activities and financial instruments as well as footnotes to detail the summery of the accounting practices and procedures.
Here is preview of a Free Printable Financial Statement Template created using MS Word 2013,
Here is download link for this free Financial Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]
- Opening Statement Template In any judicial trial or court hearing, the first step to road towards the proceedings of the case is put forward by the lawyer known by the term opening statement. Here all the base facts and events which have occurred are presented in front of the court; the jurors and the judge himself / herself watches over this statement to proceed with the case. Even though the opening statement […]
- Credit Card Statement Template With the modernization of business and banking techniques mankind was introduced with a new way of payment without carrying cash with you all time instead the idea was that anyone can carry a card with a person’s business details attached with it, making him/her able to business, or go shopping with one less thing to worry about. With ease there come some technical difficulties, I […]
- Copyright Statement Template This is quite obvious from the title that it’s a statement that informs others not to copy a material or a product as the producer or the owner has registered it to his name.
It is very much possible that when a person invents or writes something remarkable or unique, there grows a competition in the market making others to do the same or copy the style. This […]
- Brand Positioning Statement Template In the modern age of technology, every man tries to look different than others and likes to call himself a unique and special person. The one special thing to look like this is to have a brand name. In line with the United States Promoting Affiliation, a brand can be “a name, term, design, symbolic representation, or any element which determines one dealer great. It is type of the […]
- Bank Statement Template So many people are staying hardly in front of the mounting heaps of bank statements which they get monthly. It's incredible how fast they stack up and just how much space they use up. Use of the subsequent tips can be applied to your plight that can help to arrange your bank statements. Managing your bank statement indicates verifying your check book data go along with the lending […]
- Bi-conditional Statement Template A Bi-conditional statement is a mathematical and logical construct according to which, one statement is true if and only if another statement is true. These kinds of statements are used in the geometric and formal logic proofs. The truth and false of the statements is based on the truth and false of both statements. If the both statements are true, the table will be true, and if the […]
- Artist Statement Template An artist statement is a short piece of writing drafted with a creative mind behind it to complement a particular painting(s). The artist statement should be written carefully, because it is an important selling tool and helps you to promote and explain your work to people interested in your paintings; they can be potential buyers, stewards of exhibition, fellow artists, or casual […]
- Closing Statement Template Closing statement can be defined in many ways i.e. the conclusion at the end of a case in court, the final financial statement at the end of each quarter or the final documents that are presented to both parties in case of a real estate purchase or selling. Closing statement is used in so many areas and fields that it’s not possible to explain it related to one field and the writer […]
- Statement of Work Template A work statement, or SOW, is the scripture for your work and task. Your SOW is your important resource whether it's getting used to immediate work with a merchant or company, or it's getting used to lead the project internally, your SOW should have an outline of your entire job which is anticipated. The outline doesn't have to be at the fine detail degree, certainly for big tasks […]