Sworn statement is important to use in various circumstances, including law enforcement and litigation of lawsuits. The sworn statements are provided under oath and penalty of perjury. Sworn statements are usually used for the police officers, court reporters, army officers and lot of other persons. You just have to swear that your presented and prepared statements are true. An army person or any other eligible person writes the sworn statement to testify your oath and your words will become the part of the whole proceeding. Your written statement should be based on truth, because it can change the life of a person and helps to determine the outcomes of a case.
Tips to Write Sworn Statement
Sworn statement is an important statement, therefore it should be written carefully and following are some tips to write a sworn statement:
- Heading “Sworn Statement” is important to write at the top of the page followed by your legal name. You have to write the date on which you are composing the statement at the top of the page, instead of writing the date of the event or the statement delivered to the concerned personnel.
- Write a chronological account of the events and write everything in the first person, such as “I saw” and “I heard”. Try to give as much detail as possible, but avoid your own opinion. For instance, you have to write the details of dress, instead of writing that the person was well dressed. Do not use hyperbole, and do not write that the man was as big as a mountain, give your estimate about height and weight.
- The bottom statement should be something like this, “I swear that the my provided information is true and complete.” The statement will serve as a proof that you realize that you are under oath. Sign the statement and place the date next to your signature.
- Send the statement to concerned personnel and the person should be on duty. Do not give your statement to the opposite attorney. Sometime, the attorney delivers the sworn statement on your behalf. If you are writing a sworn statement as the third party without any defendant and plentiful attorney, you can deliver your sworn statement to the officer of the court.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Army Sworn Statement Template created using MS Word,
Contents of the Sworn Statement
Sworn statement should include all the facts that are made under the perjury or lying under the oath. The penalties include fines and terms of the prison. It is important to state the date, name of the individual and address on the sworn statement. The witness has to write down his own version of the facts and the officials can narrate the statements of witness and what he is swearing is true. After completing the sworn statement, the witness should sign it to verify that everything is based on truth. Carefully proofread the statement before signing it. The officials can also write his/her name and sign the statement that will be used in the legal proceedings.
Here is download link for above shown Army Sworn Statement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Notary Statement Template Judicial and law related matters are of extreme sensitiveness in this present world of complexities. These matters are always occurring around, in almost every department of the practical life you see; students seeking admission, people applying for governmental jobs, cases related to crime and to be heard in court and other countless cases of similar scenarios. In this world, nothing […]
- Closing Statement Template Closing statement can be defined in many ways i.e. the conclusion at the end of a case in court, the final financial statement at the end of each quarter or the final documents that are presented to both parties in case of a real estate purchase or selling. Closing statement is used in so many areas and fields that it’s not possible to explain it related to one field and the writer […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]
- Mission Statement Template If you want to become a market leader of top quality products and services, you have to write a sound mission statement to define your goals and objectives. An effective mission statement is important to elucidate the intentions and goals of your business. The mission statement should be a striking blend of realism and optimism. A great mission statement will help you to define […]
- Opening Statement Template In any judicial trial or court hearing, the first step to road towards the proceedings of the case is put forward by the lawyer known by the term opening statement. Here all the base facts and events which have occurred are presented in front of the court; the jurors and the judge himself / herself watches over this statement to proceed with the case. Even though the opening statement […]
- Marriage Certificate Template Marriage certificate is one of most important pieces of documentations that you have in your life and you cannot survive even without marriage certificate. This document can be said licenses for two persons get married. The question is why we need to have marriage certificate with us? Yes! We need to have this document in many cases to deal with our important issues and tasks whether […]
- Mission Statement Template So you can get what you need, you must learn what you would like exactly! If you're fed up with moving in vagueness and uncertainness in life, the time is right that you simply give your life a reason. Without having a goal or a mission, we're just like rudderless boats lost in seashore, chucked around by the vicissitudes of daily life. It's time to seize control over your personal […]
- Purpose Statement Template The Statement of Purpose (SoP), also referred to as personal statement, is actually an essay which is provided by the candidate for attaining admittance to a specific program in a grad school or a college. A lot of programs and classes need a statement of purpose. The SoP is a short article, normally about 1-2 pages of content, which allows the admission panel learn about your previous […]
- Copyright Statement Template This is quite obvious from the title that it’s a statement that informs others not to copy a material or a product as the producer or the owner has registered it to his name.
It is very much possible that when a person invents or writes something remarkable or unique, there grows a competition in the market making others to do the same or copy the style. This […]
- No Objection Certificate Template No objection certificate is popularly abbreviated document that is known as NOC. This document is issued by an institute, organization, court and by government agencies to make assure that there is no objection of completion of any project, legal procedure and other like that. This document is used to have by individuals from multiple organizations to accomplish variety of tasks and […]