A donation slip or receipt serves as a proof for those who donated some money for your organization. When a person gives his money in some kind of donation, he wants to have a proof that his money is in safe hands and there is no possibility of fraud. On the other hand, the organizations also need to issue slips when someone makes a donation. In this way they eliminate any upcoming error. They have to pay the taxes and these slips help them to calculate the actual payable tax.
In some countries like US, it’s compulsory to make a receipt whenever a donation is made. People also donate different goods like clothes, toys and house hold items and it’s important to keep a record of all those items. When a person donates some toys, he wants to be sure that he has done the right thing and those toys are going in the right hands. Research shows that people feel more satisfy if they get a receipt of their donation whether it’s big or small.
Here is preview of this Donation Slip Template created using MS Word,
A donation slip is a piece of paper. It includes the following details:
- Name of the organization along with its logo
- Registration number of the organization
- Slip number
- Date when the donation is made
- Name of the person who is donating
- Address of donor along with his phone number
- Type of donation i.e. cash, check or goods
- Amount of the cash
- Condition of the goods
- Signature area for the authorized person who received the donation
It’s very important that the donation slip provides the name and address of the donor because if there is a problem with the donation then the organization will be able to contact that person. Problems like bounced check or if something is wrong with the donated goods. And if the authorities find any error related to the donation they know who to contact. If someone is donation on behalf on another person, it is important to send a complimentary note to that person.
You can find a donation slip template online if you search on internet. There you can find a number of designs categorized according to the organizations. It’s very easy to fill those donation receipts. If you want, you can issue printed slips by using a computer program. In this way you don’t have to do written work. On the other hand, you can make your own donation slip according to your organization’s needs and purposes.
If the organization has to pay taxes, it’s much more important to keep a record of all the donations which is only possible by issuing slips at the time donation made. Believe or not, but the donation an organization gets, is its income. It has to pay tax for it. By issuing donation receipts, you make sure to have all the proofs to show to government authorities when it comes to paying the taxes. On the contrary a donor may wish to have a receipt of his donation even if he is not going to pay any taxes. It’s may be for his personal record so that he has the exact information of how much he have spent.
Here is download link for this Donation Slip Template,
Related Word Templates
- Permission Slip Template A trip permission slip is a document sent from the school or college authorities to the parents of the student. The purpose of this slip is to notify the parents about the trip and getting their permission to take their child. It is a kind of a form that the parents have to fill and send back to school if they want to send their child on a field trip inside or outside the city.
- Appointment Slip Template An appointment slip is a piece of paper that shows time and date for a meeting. Companies give appointment slips to their clients in order to reserve the time for the next meeting. Doctors give appointment slips to their patients so in order to stay on schedule for the next visit. An appointment letter works both ways. On one hand it prevents the company to call two clients at the same […]
- Packing Slip Template A packing slip is an essential shipping document. It is an itemized directory of what a unique cargo is made up of, what the cargo contains and information of each and every item. Generally it is used in local as well as overseas shipment. It is made by the shipper. It is either inside the box or outside the box. If it’s inside, it’s only a piece of paper but in case of outside, it is […]
- Delivery Slip Template A delivery slip is also called an “advice note”. It really is an assistance of distribution. Usually it is placed outside the box with customer’s name and address. It contains a detail of inside items of the box. The customer uses it to cross check the contents of the delivery. After he is satisfied with the items he just received, he signs on the delivery slip that is then, returned […]
- Donation Receipt Template Donations are made to help out non-profit or welfare organizations by the wealthier people. It will not only help organizations but also help donors to get a tax break. Size of donation does not matter because the donation will help you to take tax deductions. You should get the donation receipts as a proof to show IRS to get tax benefits. Donation receipt will save your time as the […]
- Contribution Receipt Template If you are making contribution to any charitable organization or any welfare group then it is essential to have contribution receipts because these will help you to claim tax deductions. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires these receipts to support your claim. There are some groups that are recognized by IRS for the tax deductions such as non-profit charities, churches and […]
- Professional Services Agreement Template When a company involves another company or services provider for professional services, the services agreement is signed by both parties i.e. company and service provider. This agreement benefits both the company and the service provider with their rights and responsibilities so that no one violates any terms and mutually agreed clauses in the agreement. Small companies prepare this […]
- Loan Agreement Template You may heard about loan agreements before, a loan is an agreement of borrowing money from the lender and then repay him after a specified time. The loan agreement may be in writing or in oral, the writing loan agreement is fully legal and it binds the borrower in the terms and conditions of loans. Loan agreements may be for persons, companies or group of companies and can have […]
- Mind Map Diagram Template Mind mapping is a common and simple technique that is used in businesses and corporations on regular basis. This is a technique in which you describe your story or whatever is on your mind in form of diagrams and symbols instead of just words and sentences. The thing is that when you have to run a big company, you always look ways and options to save time. The mind map diagram is […]
- Thank You Label Template It’s a tradition in almost every culture that whenever a memorable incident happens such as a birthday, wedding or house warming party, people invite their friends and relatives to enjoy those moments with them. Also these types of social gatherings are a big occasion to meet a lot of old friends and relatives under one roof. No matter how much busy you are or where you live, every […]