A delivery slip is also called an “advice note”. It really is an assistance of distribution. Usually it is placed outside the box with customer’s name and address. It contains a detail of inside items of the box. The customer uses it to cross check the contents of the delivery. After he is satisfied with the items he just received, he signs on the delivery slip that is then, returned to the company.
In some countries the customer is supposed to keep the delivery slip. He signs on another paper instead of delivery slip which then returned to the shipper. Each company has its own rules. Some companies want to get back the delivery slip with receiver’s signature to make sure that he has received and checked the consignment and he is satisfied. That slip then goes to the permanent record of that company. On one side it helps them to evaluate the remaining stock and on the other hand, by keeping customer’s information, they can offer a discount if the he orders again in future.
Here is preview of this Delivery Slip Template created using MS Word,
Generally a delivery note is a printed paper and it shows the following details:
- Company’s name and logo
- Company’s address along with fax and phone number
- Order number
- Expected arrival date of the shipment
- Customer’s full name and address
- His postal code and phone number
- Details of the inside items along with their quantity
- Signature area for the customer
In case the delivery slip is for the customer to keep, there is no signature area on the slip. Instead, the delivery person takes his signature on another paper and returns it to the office. The signature of the customer is very important. It ensures the currier company that the shipment is safely delivered. On the other hand it goes to the shipment firm’s record to eliminate any future error.
A delivery slip does not contains any price details of the inside items. The price of each item is printed on another paper called sales invoice which is usually kept inside the box. The delivery slip only helps the customer to ensure everything is in order. Sometimes in case of more than one items, company sends more than one shipment. In that case, the details of the second delivery are also printed on the bottom of the delivery slip in form of a note.
If the customer is not satisfied with the delivery or something is missing, he can contact the consigner. In that scenario, he doesn’t sign the delivery slip and the shipment in some cases goes back to the company who sent it. The delivery slip does more than that. You can custom make a delivery note with your company’s name and logo. It will serve as an advertisement.
Here is download link for this Delivery Slip Template,
Related Word Templates
- Appointment Slip Template An appointment slip is a piece of paper that shows time and date for a meeting. Companies give appointment slips to their clients in order to reserve the time for the next meeting. Doctors give appointment slips to their patients so in order to stay on schedule for the next visit. An appointment letter works both ways. On one hand it prevents the company to call two clients at the same […]
- Donation Slip Template A donation slip or receipt serves as a proof for those who donated some money for your organization. When a person gives his money in some kind of donation, he wants to have a proof that his money is in safe hands and there is no possibility of fraud. On the other hand, the organizations also need to issue slips when someone makes a donation. In this way they eliminate any upcoming […]
- Permission Slip Template A trip permission slip is a document sent from the school or college authorities to the parents of the student. The purpose of this slip is to notify the parents about the trip and getting their permission to take their child. It is a kind of a form that the parents have to fill and send back to school if they want to send their child on a field trip inside or outside the city.
- Packing Slip Template A packing slip is an essential shipping document. It is an itemized directory of what a unique cargo is made up of, what the cargo contains and information of each and every item. Generally it is used in local as well as overseas shipment. It is made by the shipper. It is either inside the box or outside the box. If it’s inside, it’s only a piece of paper but in case of outside, it is […]
- Agreement of Purchase and Sale of Shares by Shareholders Selling and buying are simple terminologies to understand, but if the two procedures are involved in a serious business dealing for example sale and purchase of stock shares, then, these buying and selling would be proceeded in an authorized manner to avoid future conflicts. It would be impractical for companies and shareholders to be into a business of purchasing and selling shares […]
- Fragile – Keep It Dry – Label Template Suppliers, who operate on online selling, send products to their customers via cargo or shipment, and they needs to provide information note with the parcel or box that enlists the insides of the box and specific instructions to handle or store the box such as “away from direct sunlight” or “this side up”. All of this information is written on a small piece of paper which is called a […]
- Stock Shares Certificate Template The shares certification also known as stock certificate and certificate of stock is a legal document to acknowledge the ownership of a person for a specific number of shares in a firm. The large business organizations often issue shares to the general public, but the purchase of shares does not always mean that you will get shares certification, because if a private individual buy […]
- This Side Up Label Template Delivering ordered products through some cargo company is a standard procedure of advanced business. Here in this process one who orders an item and asks the vendor or seller to deliver that product at his doorstep. Now it’s up to that seller if he delivers that product by his own or hires a third party to do so. Either way it’s important to deliver the package with maximum care so […]
- Membership Certificate Template Membership is a particular term that means belonging to a group or an organization. Usually membership is taken for clubs, restaurants, commercial organizations for shopping discounts and many others. Some organizations charge for taking membership and some provides free membership to their customers and clients. Special discounts and benefits are given to the individuals who take […]
- “Do Not Freeze” Label Template A label is a small piece of paper which is used to include the insides of a box or parcel. Companies use these labels to indicate the contents of a shipment and to inform the end user as well as the cargo service to handle it in a specific way such as some labels indicate to keep a surface of the box upwards where some indicate that the box contains sharp tools which should be carry […]