A packing slip is an essential shipping document. It is an itemized directory of what a unique cargo is made up of, what the cargo contains and information of each and every item. Generally it is used in local as well as overseas shipment. It is made by the shipper. It is either inside the box or outside the box. If it’s inside, it’s only a piece of paper but in case of outside, it is laminated in plastic to make it water proof.
A packing slip is a necessary document for sender and receiver to confirm that the shipment is exact. After receiving the package, that person takes a look at packing list and can confirm whether it is right according to his order or not. And also he can check all the items inside the box and can compare them with the packing list after opening the package.
Here is preview of this Packing Slip Template created using MS Word,
A general packing list contains:
- The company the shipment is from.
- Company log
- Company’s information like address, phone number, fax and email.
- The receiver’s information.
- Receiver’s name
- His complete address along additional details like phone numbers and postal code.
- Buyer’s order number for future reference.
- Information about the included items.
- The quantity of items
- Net weight of each item along with gross weight of the box
- Other necessary information.
- The date the buyer ordered the items
- Date the shipment was made by the sender
- Details of by what means the order was shipped
- The estimated time of delivery
- Comments (if any)
- If the items inside are fragile then the shipment should contain a note by the sender in order to keep the items safe.
These are pretty much the necessary information that one can find on a packing slip. Details of a packin slip vary in different countries or even in different cargo companies within a same country but the key information remain the same.
In case of sending goods in more than one shipment, the shipper adds an extra detail of the second shipment on packing list so the receiver will know that the remaining items are coming in a later delivery. This little detail can save you from a lot of trouble by the receiver at the end. And also it’s important to clear that a packing list is not an invoice or the bill but only a paper with the details of items.
Sometimes the packing list comes with extra information about the price of each item and the shipping cost. This detail is very useful. It allows an individual to check the price of each item as it’s supposed to be if he is going to pay at the delivery time. This also eliminates the chances of sending it back by the end user after opening and seeing that an item is missing or it’s not what it is supposed to be. These days, there is no shipment domestic or international which is made without a packing list.
Here is download link for this Packing Slip Template,
Related Word Templates
- Donation Slip Template A donation slip or receipt serves as a proof for those who donated some money for your organization. When a person gives his money in some kind of donation, he wants to have a proof that his money is in safe hands and there is no possibility of fraud. On the other hand, the organizations also need to issue slips when someone makes a donation. In this way they eliminate any upcoming […]
- Delivery Slip Template A delivery slip is also called an “advice note”. It really is an assistance of distribution. Usually it is placed outside the box with customer’s name and address. It contains a detail of inside items of the box. The customer uses it to cross check the contents of the delivery. After he is satisfied with the items he just received, he signs on the delivery slip that is then, returned […]
- Permission Slip Template A trip permission slip is a document sent from the school or college authorities to the parents of the student. The purpose of this slip is to notify the parents about the trip and getting their permission to take their child. It is a kind of a form that the parents have to fill and send back to school if they want to send their child on a field trip inside or outside the city.
- Appointment Slip Template An appointment slip is a piece of paper that shows time and date for a meeting. Companies give appointment slips to their clients in order to reserve the time for the next meeting. Doctors give appointment slips to their patients so in order to stay on schedule for the next visit. An appointment letter works both ways. On one hand it prevents the company to call two clients at the same […]
- Gift Box Template Gifts are essential for increasing love and affection and therefore people from all walks of life exchange gifts on special occasions. The presentation of your gift has a great impact over your gift and is an exciting and loving thing. Gifts, that are wrapped in a good and unique style increase its value and the value and love of the sender too in the eyes of the recipient. Gift wraps […]
- “Do Not Freeze” Label Template A label is a small piece of paper which is used to include the insides of a box or parcel. Companies use these labels to indicate the contents of a shipment and to inform the end user as well as the cargo service to handle it in a specific way such as some labels indicate to keep a surface of the box upwards where some indicate that the box contains sharp tools which should be carry […]
- Fragile – Keep It Dry – Label Template Suppliers, who operate on online selling, send products to their customers via cargo or shipment, and they needs to provide information note with the parcel or box that enlists the insides of the box and specific instructions to handle or store the box such as “away from direct sunlight” or “this side up”. All of this information is written on a small piece of paper which is called a […]
- “Do Not Bend” Label Template As it’s not possible to peek through a box to see what’s inside in there, one need to be provided with some kind or information slip or description paper which tells about the contents of the box and the way they are meant to be used or handled. This particular slip or paper is called a label. A label is something that tells about the included products of a parcel or box and the way […]
- Dangerous Goods Label Template A label is a small piece of paper which contains the information about the inside items of a box and special instructions to handle the box. It’s not uncommon if the cargo staff or the receiver at the end has no idea about what is inside the box and what is the best way to handle it. There could be something very dangerous inside the parcel which could harm you or the kids around you. […]
- Shipping Label Template An identification label which is dispatched on a container or a package to enlist the contents of the shipment or parcel is called a shipping label. The main purpose of a shipping label is to include the inside items of the parcel without opening it so that if it reaches on a wrong address or something is missing in the list of contents, it can safely return to the vendor. In […]