While managing a set of different employees, and giving them various tasks, sometimes it gets hard for the management to keep a check on the work being done and see if the task assigned has been efficiently carried out by the employees. In such cases, maintaining job sheets are very important. Job sheets are basically a form that is usually made for companies in advance, and just have a few details that need to be filled in by the supervisor or the manager.
These sheets basically take an account of the workers working on one particular task, the date and time they were assigned the task, details of the task, and how long did the workers take to complete the task assigned to them. In addition, job sheets allow the supervisors to make comments on the progress of the task being fulfilled for the management to see if there was some problem that came in between or what exactly went wrong.
Here is preview of this Job Sheet Template created using MS Word 2013,
Therefore, the importance of job sheets are many. It helps the companies to keep a check on the progress of the workers, and gives them a solid proof on what task has been completed and which one is still in progress. Through this, management is likely to keep a check on the progress and plan the bigger and much important tasks accordingly.
Also, job sheets are likely to create motivation among the workers to work better. If they know that the management is keeping a check on every work assigned to them, and every task that they are working on, the workers are likely to work better, and faster. As they are likely to know that if they fail to provide the service expected of them in due time, they might get penalized for it from the higher management.
Moreover, the option to maintain comments, also allows the workers to talk to their supervisors of any kind of problems that they may be facing while trying to complete the work. This would again increase the motivation levels of the workers as they are likely to know that their grievances and troubles are being taken note of, so the management would know that they tried their best. However, some external factors might have influenced the progress of the work assigned to them.
Moreover, for the human resource management also, the job sheet is likely to be of utmost importance as they are likely to have check of all the works being assigned to the employees and how many did they manage to complete. Through this check, human resource management is likely to make the appraisal for the staff and decide if an employee should be promoted, made redundant or dismissed from their position.
Therefore, the importance of job sheet are not just few. In fact, a whole long list adds on to the importance of job sheets. It is therefore recommended to companies to manage job sheets to see if the employees efficiently carry out the work assigned to them or not.
Here is download link for this Job Sheet Template,
Related Word Templates
- Fact Sheet Template Fact sheets play a vital role in maintaining the evolution of your business so that you may not face difficulties while making yourself aware and the people about day to day progress. Actually fact sheets is the account of your business arranged so amicably that only a quick eye is more than enough to understand it in a short time. The proper exercise in this regard may help solving […]
- Teacher Attendance Sheet The attendance plays an important role, be it a school or a company. Teachers play an essential part in developing educational skills in their pupils. The teacher does not only focus on students’ attendance but also has a focus on their routine.
It is needless to say that parents get their children out of the bed and off to school. But, if we see a teacher’s role for a while, then […]
- Fax Cover Sheet Template Fax is a powerful tool to communicate with your clients, business partner, friends, relatives and other persons, immediately and less costly with no fear of being deleted by pressing a button. Use of fax officially facilitates a rapid communication and enhances the services from both sides and increases revenues ultimately.
Here is a good quality Fax Cover Sheet Template that can […]
- Statement of Work Template A work statement, or SOW, is the scripture for your work and task. Your SOW is your important resource whether it's getting used to immediate work with a merchant or company, or it's getting used to lead the project internally, your SOW should have an outline of your entire job which is anticipated. The outline doesn't have to be at the fine detail degree, certainly for big tasks […]
- Appointment Slip Template An appointment slip is a piece of paper that shows time and date for a meeting. Companies give appointment slips to their clients in order to reserve the time for the next meeting. Doctors give appointment slips to their patients so in order to stay on schedule for the next visit. An appointment letter works both ways. On one hand it prevents the company to call two clients at the same […]
- Advance Receipt Template If you are dealing with a landlord in order to get a property. You must keep in mind before handing over your security deposit to the landlord, that directly paying the security fee in the form of cash to the landlord is not a safe option. This is preferable because it leaves a solid proof that the landlord has received the money. Nowadays to be on a safer side customers expects a […]
- Annual Financial Report Template A financial report is a balance sheet that contains details about the profit or loss your business is doing at the moment. The financial report can be prepared for any number of years or it can be prepared based on the current year. That depends on the company or business for which the financial report is being prepared.
The report is a must for any company or business. When you […]
- Job Description Template Job descriptions are the main tools for communication that have an important role to play in your organization. If job description is not well written then first impression on masses is poor and people do not perceive it accurately and unable to satisfy your expectations from them. Job description is the main idea that enables your worker to access his duties, responsibilities and […]
- Sample Agreement of Purchase and Sale of Business Assets Businessman can play at the different levels of entrepreneurial conduct by widening or narrowing their business. It is very common that one business’ assets move out the front gate every day via sales and drive back the next day in the form of a purchase. Simply it is the sale of one business to another.With the sale or purchase of business asset, there is a date on a day assigned on […]
- Partnership Contract Template Although everyone wants to handle the business by his own and decide without concerning anyone else, but sooner or later, everyone needs a partner if he wants to improve the business or start a new project. This explains why companies do partnership when they were doing fine before. When two or more partners do a partnership together, they need to sign a legal document to limit the […]