If you are a project manager, then you might know the importance deadlines have. When you are able to complete your task on the deadline, your clients provide you with more work. If your team is not able to complete the task on time, then you are most likely not doing well. To help you out during these times, you might want to make use of a project status report.
A project status report provides you with crucial information. You find out more about your project. You come to know if it is doing well, how fast are things progressing, and whether you can complete it on the deadline. When you are wondering about how to prepare a project status report, you will want to some pointers that can help you out.
Preparing a project status report helps in better communication with your entire team. So, make sure that you do it well.
Here are some pointers that a project status report must include:
Goals that were scheduled during previous meeting which have been completed
The goals that were scheduled during previous report which have been completed should be included in an effective project status report. When you have scheduled some goals during your previous meeting and if they have been completed, then you might want to include them. It provides some idea to your team members on their progress.
Here is preview of a free Project Status Report Template created using MS Word to help anyone in creating their own Status Reports quickly and easily,
Goals scheduled for the next meeting
You will need to include the goals that have been scheduled for the next meeting. This way, your team is aware about the future goals of your company. Only when they know the next tasks, they can prepare accordingly. So, make sure that you include the future goals for your company that will be discussed in the next meeting.
Issues which came up during the last meeting and steps taken, if any
You will want to also include the issues which came up during the last meeting and steps taken, if any in your project status report. This way, your team members come to know about the issues which they had faced during the last meeting and what were the steps that were taken. The next time similar issues come up they know how it can be solved.
Risks faced and their response
The risks which were faced during the project and their response have to be also present in the project status report. Your team members must be told about the risks and technical problems that they faced and what team leaders did to avoid these kinds of problems. This is an important factor that must be mentioned in a project status report.
New risks identified and their response
The new risks which have been identified and what are their solutions can also be spoken about in the project status report.
Lastly, the budget should also be mentioned in the project status report. The amount that was spent in accomplishing your project should be highlighted to your team members.
Remember, the main aim of creating a report is to help your team perform better the next time. It is your duty to make sure that your team performs well. Prepare your project status report well.
Here is download link for this Project Status Report Template,
Related Word Templates
- Project Progress Report Template Progress report is an important part of educational and business organizations because this report is designed to access the progress of students or organizations in a specific project. It is important part of student as well as business development. Progress reports are designed in different ways according to their requirements but these reports should state the strengths and […]
- Company Analysis Report Template A company analysis report is an analysis that is done about the past progress of a company. It is done to find out whether the company has made some progress in the past years or months. A company analysis report is done so that the managers get an idea on how far they have gone in the operations in the past years or the last few months.
This way, they know whether they can achieve […]
- IT Incident Report Template An incident report is a must for any company or business. Incidents or accidents are part and parcel of companies, especially when it relates to industry. When you own an industry or an IT industry, then it is important that you have an incident report filed regularly in your company. Sometimes accidents do happen, some may be prove to be fatal, but it is crucial that you take steps to […]
- Annual Financial Report Template A financial report is a balance sheet that contains details about the profit or loss your business is doing at the moment. The financial report can be prepared for any number of years or it can be prepared based on the current year. That depends on the company or business for which the financial report is being prepared.
The report is a must for any company or business. When you […]
- School Grading Report Template If you have done badly in your exams and are wondering, what went wrong then you will want to know that you are not alone. Many people have done badly, put it behind them, and succeeded in life. To become a successful person, you need to get good grades in school. When your school grading report is good, then you feel confident about yourself.
You stand to get a good job for your […]
- Experiment Report Template Experiment report is a formal document often mandatory for students and researchers and it is highly recommended to follow a formal structure unless you are writing an essay or you have an different official structure. Most universities, research institutes, scientific laboratories and publications share the same general structure.
There are different format requirements […]
- Project Plan Template Time is always very important for project planning to ensure timely completion and submission of projects. When it comes to project planning, there is always a need of planning and scheduling for time so that proper time could be estimated for each and every activity that will be involved in project making. Deciding about how much time will be required for which activity is project […]
- The Work Breakdown Structure Template WBS or Work Breakdown Structure is a business or corporation technique used in companies and organizations to execute projects. This is a commonly used technique for planning and organizing the tasks and steps included in a project.
Project managers use this technique in order to foresee the results and effects of a project after a certain time in future along with estimating the […]
- Gap Analysis Diagram Some people find it quite difficult to understand the gap analysis where in reality, it is not that hard. If you can’t understand this concept from business perspective, you should understand the word “gap” in general means. You know that gap means the difference between two points or two objects and it is the same meaning that gap analysis carries.
This is the process that is […]
- Damage Report Template Having insurance for your property is a crucial thing because it can save you a lot of money for repairing and maintenance but claiming insurance for the damage can be a little complicated. If you have done this before, it’s no rocket science for you but when you are new to this and don’t know how to file for the claim and present Damage Report, it can be overwhelming for you. The […]