Having insurance for your property is a crucial thing because it can save you a lot of money for repairing and maintenance but claiming insurance for the damage can be a little complicated. If you have done this before, it’s no rocket science for you but when you are new to this and don’t know how to file for the claim and present Damage Report, it can be overwhelming for you. The damage report itself isn’t something you should worry about but the actual problem is to understand what to include in it and how to present it to the insurance company.
Most of the time, you will be asked to write this report for multiple times because you always miss something important and because it’s incomplete, you will need to write it again and again. The better thing here is to understand how this report works and what kind of information should be included in such report. Getting legal and expert help is a great option but when you don’t want to hire a lawyer or property estimator for this report, you should do it by yourself and if you have any troubles, take a look here and find easy instructions for a complete and professional looking Damage Report.
Essential elements to include in a Damage Report:
- Name of the person who is writing the report
- Date on which the report is prepared
- Name of the claimer i.e. owner of the property
- Details of the property i.e. location, type, covered area
- Explained details of the damage
- Cause of the damage
- Key points about the damage
- Detailed statement of first person at the scene
- Details of the insurance
- Signature of writer of the report
Guidelines for Damage Report Format:
- Start the report by introducing yourself for the record. This is important because as the writer, you are the one who will talk to the owner of the building or property and if the owner files a case in the court, you might be called as witness.
- After that, comes the detailed and complete information about the owner of the property. If it’s a private residential property, you only need to include owner’s detail but if its commercial building, you also need to mention the manager or supervisor’s details in the report.
- Include the specifics about the report including the date on which you wrote it, the time when you arrived at the location and how long it took you to complete the report.
- In the main body of the report, discuss the damage happened to the property. This starts with the detail of the property including location of the building, type of building and size of the building. This part also includes how the damage happened, what caused the damage and who is responsible for this.
- Then include the insurance details of the property and the person who holds the insurance policy. Start with the policy registration number and add the name and address of the person who owns the insurance and the coverage of the policy i.e. if it’s valid for fire damage, water damage or something like that.
- Sign the report at the end and put your full name for proper reference.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Damage Report Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Damage Report Template,
Related Word Templates
- IT Incident Report Template An incident report is a must for any company or business. Incidents or accidents are part and parcel of companies, especially when it relates to industry. When you own an industry or an IT industry, then it is important that you have an incident report filed regularly in your company. Sometimes accidents do happen, some may be prove to be fatal, but it is crucial that you take steps to […]
- Experiment Report Template Experiment report is a formal document often mandatory for students and researchers and it is highly recommended to follow a formal structure unless you are writing an essay or you have an different official structure. Most universities, research institutes, scientific laboratories and publications share the same general structure.
There are different format requirements […]
- Event Report Template An Event Report is an overview and analysis of a conference or an event. It includes the collection of key features, latest thinking, and approach presented at a conference.
Event reporting follows a discipline. So, you should follow a well-structure and format to write a well, descriptive, and informative Event report. It should cover all the moments from initial to conclusion […]
- Project Progress Report Template Progress report is an important part of educational and business organizations because this report is designed to access the progress of students or organizations in a specific project. It is important part of student as well as business development. Progress reports are designed in different ways according to their requirements but these reports should state the strengths and […]
- Project Status Report Template If you are a project manager, then you might know the importance deadlines have. When you are able to complete your task on the deadline, your clients provide you with more work. If your team is not able to complete the task on time, then you are most likely not doing well. To help you out during these times, you might want to make use of a project status report.
A project status […]
- Company Analysis Report Template A company analysis report is an analysis that is done about the past progress of a company. It is done to find out whether the company has made some progress in the past years or months. A company analysis report is done so that the managers get an idea on how far they have gone in the operations in the past years or the last few months.
This way, they know whether they can achieve […]
- Annual Financial Report Template A financial report is a balance sheet that contains details about the profit or loss your business is doing at the moment. The financial report can be prepared for any number of years or it can be prepared based on the current year. That depends on the company or business for which the financial report is being prepared.
The report is a must for any company or business. When you […]
- Customer Service Report Template It’s not very hard to understand that sale is actually the life blood of any company. Your finance department is important and your planning department is important along with many other departments and divisions but the most important department might be the sales department. This is because the revenue or money is generated by this department. The higher the sale of a company, the […]
- Insurance Certificate Template With invent of new technologies, the risk to life, property and other valuables have also increased to a larger extent. The cost of living has increased over period of time and people are spending huge amounts of money on valuables including vehicles, property etc. When turning our eye to business world this monetary perspective shifts from needle to elephant and the amounts are of […]
- General Agreement Template An Agreement is a legal document that includes the responsibilities and obligations of two or more parties involved in a personal or business deal. It is better to get the responsibilities and duties in writing and ask the parties to sign the agreement rather than just trusting their words in the deal. You can either draft your own agreement by understanding the needs and requirements […]