It’s not very hard to understand that sale is actually the life blood of any company. Your finance department is important and your planning department is important along with many other departments and divisions but the most important department might be the sales department. This is because the revenue or money is generated by this department. The higher the sale of a company, the more profit it makes from its services and products. This makes it more important and crucial to observe the behavior of customers towards the products or services of the company and the results of these products. If the customers are happy with the results, you can make them feel more valuable by giving them gifts and coupons where if the products are failing desired expectations, you can take essential steps to recover from bad reputation in the market in time. In either way, it’s the key responsibility of the customer service department to report any major incidents or important complaints to the production or management so it can be fixed in ongoing and upcoming production.
What needs to go on this Report?
There are various different elements that are important to include in a Customer Service Report but the most important thing is to keep it simple and brief. The key purpose of this report is to inform the higher authorities about a complaint or a customer who is no happy with a product and the report should be kept simple and concise. Starting with the name of the customer, begin the report by putting his full name, address, date on which he bought the product, how much he paid for the product and why he is not happy with the results. It depends on you if you want to make a full report and a short report or if only a short report is enough. If it helps, you can also make separate sections or parts of the report for all kinds of information and details i.e. customer info, product info, complaint section, how to solve it and other things.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Customer Service Report Template created using MS Word,
Guidelines for Customer Service Report Format:
- Start the report with writing down the complete information about the customer. This includes his full name, complete address, email address and phone number.
- Next part is the full explanation and introduction to the product the customer bought. This includes the name of the product, model, make year and the place where he bought it from along with the price he paid for it. Date of purchase is very important here and you should clearly mention it on the report.
- If the product is already received by the service department, just include the receipt number or if it’s still with the customer, add the date and time when you found out about this problem and for how long the customer was having problem with the product. How you got the information is also important i.e. you talked to him on phone, he called you or service provider visited his home etc.
- This is the most important part of the report because it actually consists the problem or error with the product. Explain what kind of problem the product has and how the customer responded to it. Here you can also give comments or suggestions about how to fix it and how to make the customer happy about it.
- If the customer talked about anything in particular that is important for the report, add it in here and focus on how the customer responded to the problem and if he was patient or aggressive towards the company. Conclude the report with final comments.
Here is download link for this Customer Service Report Template,
Related Word Templates
- Company Analysis Report Template A company analysis report is an analysis that is done about the past progress of a company. It is done to find out whether the company has made some progress in the past years or months. A company analysis report is done so that the managers get an idea on how far they have gone in the operations in the past years or the last few months.
This way, they know whether they can achieve […]
- Annual Financial Report Template A financial report is a balance sheet that contains details about the profit or loss your business is doing at the moment. The financial report can be prepared for any number of years or it can be prepared based on the current year. That depends on the company or business for which the financial report is being prepared.
The report is a must for any company or business. When you […]
- Damage Report Template Having insurance for your property is a crucial thing because it can save you a lot of money for repairing and maintenance but claiming insurance for the damage can be a little complicated. If you have done this before, it’s no rocket science for you but when you are new to this and don’t know how to file for the claim and present Damage Report, it can be overwhelming for you. The […]
- School Grading Report Template If you have done badly in your exams and are wondering, what went wrong then you will want to know that you are not alone. Many people have done badly, put it behind them, and succeeded in life. To become a successful person, you need to get good grades in school. When your school grading report is good, then you feel confident about yourself.
You stand to get a good job for your […]
- Project Status Report Template If you are a project manager, then you might know the importance deadlines have. When you are able to complete your task on the deadline, your clients provide you with more work. If your team is not able to complete the task on time, then you are most likely not doing well. To help you out during these times, you might want to make use of a project status report.
A project status […]
- Value Chain Analysis Diagram Value chain analysis diagram is a corporate tool or technique that makes sure that you have your eye on all the elements in the market that matters for you and your company. This also includes the products or services that you offer to your customers. In simple words, this is a tool that provides the ways or points where improvements are vital to make inside your company either it’s a […]
- Trademark Licence Agreement Template Before actually knowing the nature of trademark licence agreement, it is necessary to know the basics of trademark. A trademark can be any symbol, logo, word or a statement that defines any company or a product or service. It differentiates the product or the service from the rest of the crowd. Trademarks are like IDs of the products. People buy the products having their desired […]
- Sales Representative Agreement Template Salesmen are mostly hired on commissions and bonuses on the sale that they make for the company they work in and the agreement that includes the information about what their targets will be and how much they will get as the commission on each sale is known as the sales representative agreement.
Brief Description of Sales Representative Agreement:
It is a common knowledge that the […]
- IT Incident Report Template An incident report is a must for any company or business. Incidents or accidents are part and parcel of companies, especially when it relates to industry. When you own an industry or an IT industry, then it is important that you have an incident report filed regularly in your company. Sometimes accidents do happen, some may be prove to be fatal, but it is crucial that you take steps to […]
- Income Statement Template An income statement also referred to as the profit or loss statement, statement of financial performance or the statement of operations. Income statement is one of the three main financial statements of a company or business namely income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement. As company works under the board of governors or investors the income statement is the record of […]