Experiment report is a formal document often mandatory for students and researchers and it is highly recommended to follow a formal structure unless you are writing an essay or you have an different official structure. Most universities, research institutes, scientific laboratories and publications share the same general structure.
There are different format requirements with only one major rule to follow, be concise and informative. Where “Social responsibility and convergence” is a vague title however; “Effective convergence methods for social responsibility” is a more apt title for an any official report, experiment reports should adopt the latter approach.
Abstract is the meticulous summary of the experiment and its results. It is to give a precise account of what the reader should expect in the report.
It should cover your hypothesis or the objective of your experiment. Your approach towards the problem and the results all in one paragraph ideally under 250 words.
Introduction is where you create the background of your experiment and inform users of why your experiment is crucial for your area of study. Ideally you should cover what is the scope of the study, what are the questions and ambiguities that lead to your experiment and the importance of your research.
Being the first part of the report it should be written in a manner that would lead the user from the background history towards the problem at hand through the problems faced by previous researchers. It is also often advice to take up this section at the end of the experiment.
Method or Methodology
The method of your experiments should be put into words down to the last details and the rationale for choosing that specific method whether quantitative or qualitative. It should be concise and include the number of participant, method for recording responses, and other such details.
It should explain your sample and how you selected your sample and in case of a qualitative method the rationale of your selected sample.
You present your results in data form with little to no explanation of your results. This is basically where you turn your experiment into a quantifiable statistical document. You present your precise results.
It is however pertinent to include data in readable form, your primary data would be presented first and lead into your secondary data. There is no hard and fast format unless specified by your supervisor or the publication.
This is where you provide an insight and explanation of your results. You make sense out of the statistical data you have collected through your experiment and explain the significance of your study.
You also discuss weather or not your hypothesis was proved and the differences revealed by the data.
Also titled Bibliography and Works Cited your reference list contains all the documents and material you have consulted for the purpose of your experiment. This includes books, journals, articles, documents from Internet, interviews and films. Personal correspondence through email is cited within the document.
This section contains raw and big chunks of data with excerpts used within the document especially in the discussion and results. Some of the elements that would go into appendix include; figures, tables etc.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Experiment Report Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Experiment Report Template,
Related Word Templates
- Project Progress Report Template Progress report is an important part of educational and business organizations because this report is designed to access the progress of students or organizations in a specific project. It is important part of student as well as business development. Progress reports are designed in different ways according to their requirements but these reports should state the strengths and […]
- Event Report Template An Event Report is an overview and analysis of a conference or an event. It includes the collection of key features, latest thinking, and approach presented at a conference.
Event reporting follows a discipline. So, you should follow a well-structure and format to write a well, descriptive, and informative Event report. It should cover all the moments from initial to conclusion […]
- IT Incident Report Template An incident report is a must for any company or business. Incidents or accidents are part and parcel of companies, especially when it relates to industry. When you own an industry or an IT industry, then it is important that you have an incident report filed regularly in your company. Sometimes accidents do happen, some may be prove to be fatal, but it is crucial that you take steps to […]
- Annual Financial Report Template A financial report is a balance sheet that contains details about the profit or loss your business is doing at the moment. The financial report can be prepared for any number of years or it can be prepared based on the current year. That depends on the company or business for which the financial report is being prepared.
The report is a must for any company or business. When you […]
- Project Status Report Template If you are a project manager, then you might know the importance deadlines have. When you are able to complete your task on the deadline, your clients provide you with more work. If your team is not able to complete the task on time, then you are most likely not doing well. To help you out during these times, you might want to make use of a project status report.
A project status […]
- Company Analysis Report Template A company analysis report is an analysis that is done about the past progress of a company. It is done to find out whether the company has made some progress in the past years or months. A company analysis report is done so that the managers get an idea on how far they have gone in the operations in the past years or the last few months.
This way, they know whether they can achieve […]
- School Grading Report Template If you have done badly in your exams and are wondering, what went wrong then you will want to know that you are not alone. Many people have done badly, put it behind them, and succeeded in life. To become a successful person, you need to get good grades in school. When your school grading report is good, then you feel confident about yourself.
You stand to get a good job for your […]
- Damage Report Template Having insurance for your property is a crucial thing because it can save you a lot of money for repairing and maintenance but claiming insurance for the damage can be a little complicated. If you have done this before, it’s no rocket science for you but when you are new to this and don’t know how to file for the claim and present Damage Report, it can be overwhelming for you. The […]
- Character Certificate Template Character certificate is used to attest the personality and behavior of a person in an organization, institute, society or community. Character certificate clearly explains the past behavior of a person according to the understanding of the certifying authority among whom the individual has spent the past time. The basic purpose of character certificate is to inform briefly about the […]
- School Admission Form Education is essential for everyone and it is the desire of each parent to admit their children into some good institutes. For best educational opportunities, formal and well known institutes including school, college and universities are there with their own admission procedures. Admission form is a crucial part of an admission procedure that you as a parent or as a student have to […]