Whenever you run your own business either small scale or large scale, you have to manage with great deal of record keeping and paperwork. When a customer purchases a product or service from your business, it is essential to write this transaction in purchase receipt followed by purchase registers. Receipt should include the details of transaction so that your business and customer can keep these details as a record of the deal that took place. If you are responsible to write purchase receipts for your business then it is crucial to know about numerous key pieces of information that should be included in the purchase receipts.
Here is preview of a Sample Purchase Receipt Template created using MS Word to help anyone in creating their own professional looking purchase receipts,
Tips to Write Purchase Receipts
Purchase receipts are essential to write in order to maintain accurate record of total business purchases. Following are some important tips to design standard purchase receipt for your own business:
- Header of the purchase receipt should contain the title of receipt and name of your company followed by contact information at the top of purchase receipts. Designate some place to write the name and contact information of the customer who is making purchases with you.
- Write some information about the payment method of the customer. For instance, if the customer made payment through credit card then you have to write the type of card, last four digits of the account and any other important detail. You can repeat the same process with the bank information while payment through check.
- Write details of particular products purchased by customer including description of product or type of service with the special service package. Write total amount charged to the customer for the purchased product or services at the bottom of the purchase receipt with the addition of tax if required.
- Do not forget to write the return policy of the purchase at the bottom or at the back of the purchase receipts to avoid any legal trouble in future. Purchase receipt is usually issued after making full payment against purchased items.
- You have to prepare two copies of purchase receipts one for your own record and other is for purchaser. Manage all receipts in a file according to date and serial number so that you can easily get required data without wasting any time in its search.
- Your tax deduction policy should be cleared and supported by the tax laws of your own state. It is necessary to satisfy potential customers otherwise they can file case against you for the wrong tax deductions.
- Do not forget to place logo of your business on the purchase receipt because it will make your receipt unique and can promote your business to attract maximum customers to you. It is essential to have purchase receipt of each transaction to maintain accurate record in your purchase as well as cash registers.
- Signature of buyer and seller are important so designate special place on receipt for the signature and always design two copies of your receipts to maintain proper record. Always give original copy to your customer and keep duplicate copy with you.
Here is download link for this Purchase Receipt Template,
Related Word Templates
- Money Receipt Template
Money receipts are important for individuals and businesses to properly manage cash registers. When you give money to your friends, family members or business contacts, it is essential to generate money receipts in order to avoid financial errors and misunderstandings. You can design a handwritten money receipt or standard format can be design on computer system. Small […]
- Contribution Receipt Template
If you are making contribution to any charitable organization or any welfare group then it is essential to have contribution receipts because these will help you to claim tax deductions. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires these receipts to support your claim. There are some groups that are recognized by IRS for the tax deductions such as non-profit charities, churches […]
- Donation Receipt Template
Donations are made to help out non-profit or welfare organizations by the wealthier people. It will not only help organizations but also help donors to get a tax break. Size of donation does not matter because the donation will help you to take tax deductions. You should get the donation receipts as a proof to show IRS to get tax benefits. Donation receipt will save your […]
- Acknowledgement Receipt Template Acknowledgement receipts are written to confirm the delivery of requested items such as shipment of goods or a contract proposal. This receipt should clearly detail the received items and details of date and time. Make notes for any required follow up to design a comprehensive acknowledgement receipts. Acknowledgement receipts are also known as advice of receipts, advice of delivery, […]
- POS Sales Receipt Template
Sales receipt is a document that typically contains date and time of purchase, details of item purchased, purchase price of items and totals, obligatory information about the return policy of sales and method of payment. Sales receipt helps you to calculate sales tax on the products and it will help you to create a summary of sales income and sales tax owed. Sales receipt […]
- Business Invoice Receipt Template In order to make your business smoother and customer- friendly it is important for you to be aware about business invoice receipt to a large extent. It is your paramount obligation to have sufficient amount of knowledge if you have involved yourself in the business of selling products or services as it will not be possible for you to come out as a successful business man with this […]
- Sales Receipt Template When you indulge yourself in some business, you have to face a lot of trouble in the beginning of this assignment. But with the passage of time you learn a lot about this labyrinth and heave a sigh of relief. Actually you have to go through many important steps to achieve your goal in the business arena. To be among business professionals you are required to manage some paper work. In […]
- Goods Delivery Receipt Template Goods delivery receipt is a document confirmed by the person who received shipping in order to confirm that they have been handed over the product for the purpose of delivery to its specified place as well as accepts its possession. There are a numbers of companies in the world that are sending their valuable products through parcels post and demand the realization a confirmed delivery […]
- User Manual Template
User manual also known as user’s guide is a technical communication document designed to provide assistance to people about particular system. User manuals are found with almost all electronic devices to help new user about the use of device. It is important part of your product marketing therefore it is necessary to write it carefully without any confusion. You have to use […]
- Quality Control Plan Template //
Quality plans are written to specify the standards by following which, companies complete their product manufacturing process. All businesses are running with the idea of providing best and quality services and products to end clients. When a company meets or exceeds the customer’s expectation it becomes the evaluation of company’s performance and ensures that timely […]