Money receipts are important for individuals and businesses to properly manage cash registers. When you give money to your friends, family members or business contacts, it is essential to generate money receipts in order to avoid financial errors and misunderstandings. You can design a handwritten money receipt or standard format can be design on computer system. Small business organizations or freelancers also require money receipts to present to their customers. Cash receipts record services and goods provided by the organization. You should include the details about the products, paid money and format of payment like in cash or credit. It is important for the both seller and the customer to have copies hence you can use carbonless receipt to create two copies of each receipt.
Here is preview of this Money Receipt Template created using MS Word,
Tips to Design Money Receipts
Money receipts are essential for official and regular transactions related to money. It is essential to design comprehensive money receipts according to the standard format to include all important details in the receipts. Following are some tips to design a comprehensive money receipts:
- Money receipt should include title in block letters at the top of your document. In the upper right-hand corner, you can write the serial number of receipts and date at which you have received or send the money.
- Money receipt should feature first and last name of the payer under the heading of “Received From”. Write dollar amount paid by the person to the right corner of the person’s name.
- You have to write the reason for which the money is being taken or sent. It is essential to write the details of money sources such as rent, goods or services. You can write it under the name of payer in clear words.
- Write current balance, payment amount and due balance according to the nature of payment from the individuals. Write down the nature of payment like cash, check, money order or credit card.
- Write “received by” heading to write your name and initial at the bottom of the money receipt. Write name of your company, address and telephone number. Do not forget to write the date at which the receipt is being generated for the ease in record keeping.
- Create a list of items or services available with you for sale and include the name as well as price with each item. If you are working to lend loans to the borrowers then you have to write interest percentage and different packages with the duration of loan.
- You will get maximum space on the back of the money receipt so it is best place to write the important terms and conditions as well as policies of your business. You can prepare a table to highlight all important numbers for the convenience of customers.
- It will be good to record the method of payment including cash, check or credit card. Designate a place for your own signature and the signature of customers. It will change the status of your simple money receipt as an official money receipt that can be unchallengeable in the court.
Here is download link for the above mentioned free Money Receipt Template,
Related Word Templates
- Purchase Receipt Template Whenever you run your own business either small scale or large scale, you have to manage with great deal of record keeping and paperwork. When a customer purchases a product or service from your business, it is essential to write this transaction in purchase receipt followed by purchase registers. Receipt should include the details of transaction so that your business and customer can […]
- Donation Receipt Template Donations are made to help out non-profit or welfare organizations by the wealthier people. It will not only help organizations but also help donors to get a tax break. Size of donation does not matter because the donation will help you to take tax deductions. You should get the donation receipts as a proof to show IRS to get tax benefits. Donation receipt will save your time as the […]
- Contribution Receipt Template If you are making contribution to any charitable organization or any welfare group then it is essential to have contribution receipts because these will help you to claim tax deductions. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires these receipts to support your claim. There are some groups that are recognized by IRS for the tax deductions such as non-profit charities, churches and […]
- Acknowledgement Receipt Template Acknowledgement receipts are written to confirm the delivery of requested items such as shipment of goods or a contract proposal. This receipt should clearly detail the received items and details of date and time. Make notes for any required follow up to design a comprehensive acknowledgement receipts. Acknowledgement receipts are also known as advice of receipts, advice of delivery, […]
- POS Sales Receipt Template Sales receipt is a document that typically contains date and time of purchase, details of item purchased, purchase price of items and totals, obligatory information about the return policy of sales and method of payment. Sales receipt helps you to calculate sales tax on the products and it will help you to create a summary of sales income and sales tax owed. Sales receipt will help you […]
- Sales Receipt Template When you indulge yourself in some business, you have to face a lot of trouble in the beginning of this assignment. But with the passage of time you learn a lot about this labyrinth and heave a sigh of relief. Actually you have to go through many important steps to achieve your goal in the business arena. To be among business professionals you are required to manage some paper work. In […]
- Business Invoice Receipt Template In order to make your business smoother and customer- friendly it is important for you to be aware about business invoice receipt to a large extent. It is your paramount obligation to have sufficient amount of knowledge if you have involved yourself in the business of selling products or services as it will not be possible for you to come out as a successful business man with this […]
- Goods Delivery Receipt Template Goods delivery receipt is a document confirmed by the person who received shipping in order to confirm that they have been handed over the product for the purpose of delivery to its specified place as well as accepts its possession. There are a numbers of companies in the world that are sending their valuable products through parcels post and demand the realization a confirmed delivery […]
- Petty Cash Receipt Template If you intend to run some business, you have to understand format guidelines for cash receipts to make your job easy. Cash receipt is a piece of paper that you hand over to your customers as a proof his purchase from you. Generally a receipt shows the name of product, its model, an item price and total price of all items together. Moreover, in case you have purchased various products […]
- Cash Receipt Template Payment receipt is an important document that is used as proof that you have made payment in exchange of goods and services. This is necessary for every person to get a payment receipt to verify status of payment against goods and services. Usually people ignore the importance of receipts after shopping from grocery stores but it is not good because in case of any defective product you […]