A network diagram is also known as project network diagram or flow chart in simple words and this is one of the many graphical representations that companies use these days. Usually, a network diagram is referred only to the computer networking and most people know this diagram in related to the computer based networking but this can be used in both companies for general presentations of research and review details or computer networking.
Network diagram is a type of representing the details of a project or a system in which each part is shown separately on the diagram and it indicates the process flow i.e. step by step process or beginning and finish line. Each part in the network diagram is known as terminal element and the first element is the point or part of the project from which it needs to start. Usually this diagram is created from left to right in order to indicate the project chronology. If you find it hard to understand, you can also say that a network diagram is a presentation that indicates all the elements involved in a project and the manner in which each element relates to others.
Types of Network Diagrams:
Network diagram is one of the presentation techniques or tools that have more than one type of presentation technique. This means there are different types of network diagram and depending on the situation; you can use either one of them. Usually each type of the network diagram or the way of presentation is known as topology and it includes the following topologies:
- Bus topology
- Star topology
- Ring topology
- Mesh topology
- Tree topology
Here is preview of a free sample Network Diagram Template created using MS Word,
Importance of Network Diagrams:
As a business owner or the manager of a company, you know that the first thing about starting a project is to define a path on which the entire team needs to go in order to reach the finish line. The network diagram makes it simple and easy to define and explain the elements involved in a project and the sequence in which they needs to be done. This system or technique also priorities the sequence of the elements or parts of the project so that the team can understand which part needs to be completed before others and which part can’t start without finishing the previous step. This also makes it convenient for the employees to understand the link or relationship between the steps or elements of a project.
Application of Network Diagram:
Businesses and companies work on projects and it is not quite often that a company finds enough time to concentrate on a single project but they usually have to work on more than one project simultaneously. In that situation, it is really important to understand the needs and requirements of each of the projects in hand and to do so, network diagrams are very helpful. With these diagrams, you can easily present the critical path to follow in order to complete the project and eliminate the misunderstandings, issues and obstacles.
Here is download link for this Network Diagram Template,
Download Network Diagram Template
Related Word Templates
- Timeline Diagram Template When it comes to project management, time, quality and cost are the only three elements that companies and organizations concentrate the most on. Quality of a project is hard to estimate before seeing the final project but it is possible to estimate the costs and time frame for completing the project. To make sure that time is in favor for the project team members, the important events […]
- UML Sequence Diagram Template UML stands for Unified Modeling Language and sequence diagram is a very common and important technique for representing data and research in this field. In between the components or elements of a system, sequence diagrams are used to present or show the relationship or link for the flow of events or messages. In computer networking, UML sequence diagrams are frequently used because […]
- Risk Diagram Template Risk management for companies and businesses is as important as breathing for the living beings. It is not possible for a company to run or make good progress without evaluating the possible risks with the projects and under development products or customized services. This process of evaluating the risks and managing them before it’s too late is also known as risk diagrams. This is […]
- Porter’s Five Force Diagram Template Porter’s five force diagram is a simple but very important tool for analyzing the market for new and existing companies. If you want to research in the market to find out how much power your company has over the suppliers, buyers and competitors, this technique is here to help you out.
Importance of Porter’s Five Force Diagram:
At this point of this diagram or […]
- Affinity Diagram Template Affinity diagram, which is also known as KJ method is a commonly used technique for brainstorming sessions in companies and organizations. This technique was invented back in 1960 by a businessman Kawakita Jiro that explains why it is also referred to as KJ method. The key purpose of affinity diagram is to generate, coordinate and organize the different thoughts and decisions from […]
- Storyboard Diagram Template A storyboard is kind of a presentation or technique of illustrating the process of a project or new product development on paper work rather than creating a prototype and then evaluating the value and quality of the product.
Importance and benefits of Storyboard Diagrams:
If you have any knowledge of business and how companies work with projects and development of new products, […]
- Root Cause Analysis Diagram Template Root cause analysis diagram which is also known as fishbone diagram, Ishikawa diagram or cause and effect diagram is a graphical representation of all the root causes behind a problem in a business. Companies and organizations use this diagram in order to find out the real causes behind a problem and to eliminate the problem for long terms. When there is a problem in a business, it is […]
- Pyramid Chart Sample A Pyramid Chart is a graphical representation of the facts, figures and research material in form of a pyramid or a triangle. Within this triangle, there are different sections which divide the entire diagram into different parts. Each part indicates towards something different. You know that the width of each section changes along with the triangle and usually the width aren’t […]
- Organogram Template Organizational structure is important part of any organization because it helps you to understand the communication and reporting flow (who reports to whom) of the people in the organization. Functional organizational structure is one of the traditional structures that based on the different common functions of the organization including manufacturing, engineering, marketing, human […]
- Decision Tree Diagrams A Decision Tree Diagram is a graphical representation of all the facts, scenarios and results as well as the choices that one has. This is a tree shaped representation that has branches and each branch represents a separate scenario along with the results and possible outcomes in the future. This not only gives more accurate figures about each choice in the decision making process but […]