Here are the most common types of health plans:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs):
This is not the very suitable healthcare plan for the employees but as it benefits the employers the most, it is the most common healthcare plan these days. There are number of advantages and disadvantages of this particular health plan but the most important thing is that this plan is applicable for any type of employees in the company i.e. managers, manual workers, accountants and assistants. With this plan; you don’t have the option to choose the health care providers, you have to pay to those doctors who aren’t in the health plan network where on the other hand, advantages of this plan includes; lower premium amount as other plans, less paper work as compared to other plans, no need to submit claim forms and predictable out of pocket costs.
- Point of Service Plans (POS):
POS is also known as hybrid healthcare plan as it includes features of both the HMO and PPO and as a result, we see a more affordable and useful healthcare plan for the employees. The advantages of this health plan includes more freedom of choosing your heath care providers as compared to any other plan, moderate paper work which is neglect-able as compared to PPO and only in case if you see a doctor out of network and less out of pocket costs that you can control. Disadvantages of this healthcare plan includes the extra costs that you need to pay if you see a doctor out of the network and even if he is in network, you need to pay if he costs more than the health care plan.
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs):
As compared to HMO, PPO has more to offer to the employees of an organization as it allows the employees to choose the health care providers at some level and they can also make some changes in the health plan according to their medical conditions. For example, an employee doesn’t have cholesterol problem but diabetes issues, he can eliminate the cholesterol health care and add diabetic health care plans. The disadvantage of this plan includes a lot of paper work probably more than other plans, higher out of pocket costs and if a particular doctor charges more than others in the area, you have to pay the difference from your pocket. Advantages of this healthcare plan include option to choose doctors of your own choice, less deductibles and wider network of doctors around the country.
- High Deductable Health Plans (HDHPs):
This probably the most affordable and preferred healthcare plan of all. There are number of advantages of this plan but the most important one is that you can link this plan to your health care savings account where you put your savings and the good news is that you don’t need to pay any taxes on withdrawals either. Other benefits includes; option to choose any kind of health plan, higher out of pocket cost but after a certain point, you don’t need to pay a single penny, moderate paper work and the ability to choose your own health care providers i.e. doctors and physicians.
Here is preview of a Free Printable Health Plan Template created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this free Health Plan Template,
Related Word Templates
- Project Management Plan Template Companies run projects all the time and it is very common for an organization to work on more than one project at once. But, no project is started without a proper management plan which provides an overview of the project to the important related people i.e. CEOs, directors and stakeholders.
The process that includes the brief introduction, explanation, responsibilities, resource […]
- Marketing Plan Template Marketing for a company can be defined in many ways but in simple and easy words, it’s the strategy or planning of advertising a company in the market. Companies and organizations can’t survive or operate without marketing these days. Yes there were times when there were no concepts of marketing or advertising and the companies used to work fine in that situation but now the markets […]
- Business Development Plan Template A business development plan refers to the planning and strategies of making more profit for the business and enhancing its performance over time to time. It also includes increasing the business operations with other businesses and acquiring more clientele from local and international market.
Why it is important for a Business to have a Development Plan?
When a business starts, […]
- Yearly Production Plan Template Most of the time, huge or international manufacturing companies prepare production plans for the annually. This means they only prepare a production plan for the next entire year and the new plan will be implemented after 12 months or 48 weeks. This makes it really important for the company to have the exact production strategy and planning that they need in order to fulfill the […]
- Flight Plan Template When an airplane takes off for its destination, the pilots have all the knowledge required to take it off in the air and land it safely on the ground but there are many things that they need to be provided in order to land it safely on the ground. Elements i.e. time to take off, the air path for the plane, required altitude for the plane, fuel capacity and consumption of the plane, […]
- Lesson Plan Template Students learn a lot of different things in schools and colleges and every day they discover something new which is unique for them and it is important for the teachers to keep the students interested in the learning process so that they don’t get bored and lose interest. All this process in which the teacher plans his or her lessons and develops teaching techniques is known as lesson […]
- Quality Control Plan Template Quality plans are written to specify the standards by following which, companies complete their product manufacturing process. All businesses are running with the idea of providing best and quality services and products to end clients. When a company meets or exceeds the customer’s expectation it becomes the evaluation of company’s performance and ensures that timely completion of […]
- Parenthood Plan Template It is very uncommon and rare in the Eastern countries like Pakistan, India and gulf countries that parents get divorce after that have 1 or more than one kids but they try to stay in the marriage as long as it’s possible where on the other hand, divorce is very common in Western and European cultures where parents usually don’t care about their children as much they care about their […]
- Catering Plan Template Restaurants’ success is not limited to just providing quality foods to the people but if there isn’t any proper catering arrangement, it can ruin overall image of restaurant for other people. Seating structure and seating capacity are very important decisions to make restaurants profitable and running. Proper Catering Planning works for a restaurant a lot more what you might be […]
- Emergency Response Plan Template Existence of life is usually unsure, all of us might have to deal with unpredictable circumstances in many job areas involving lifestyle intended for which all of us will not be organized. This really is thought to be unexpected emergency. Most of us typically dismiss the item and make virtually any strategy to cope with these kind of conditions. No-one can ascertain this emergency […]