There are basically two types of companies or organizations; one that manufactures products and the other that offers services. When we talk specifically only about manufacturing units, there are further number of types of these units; local, international, small or huge multinational companies with more than one type of production lines. The production needs and requirements are completely different for all these types of companies.
Some companies work internationally where they have to manufacture huge amount of products in order to fulfill needs of customers around the world where some companies only work on national levels that means they only need to fulfill the requirements of people living in their own country. Here we are going to discuss the same kind of manufacturing units because they can’t work with permanent or long term plans and strategies because of variations in the production requirements every week or month.
Production planning is very important for such companies and it is not possible for a manufacturing unit to operate without properly defining the production and processes. Most of these companies work with weekly production plans which means a single production plan is only applicable for one week and there will be a new or changed plan for next week.
Importance of Weekly Production Planning:
The production needs of a company changes all the time and it is not possible to keep a steady flow of production as the needs and requirement of people and market change constantly. For example a company produced food items and it is required to produce 5000 units for the first week of each month when most people shop grocery items but for other three weeks of the month, 3000, 2000 and 1000 units are enough respectively. This explains the importance of weekly production plan as the company wants to fulfill the needs of customers but doesn’t want to produce more than enough units for stock keeping.
Here is preview of a Free Printable Weekly Production Plan Template created using MS Word,
Factors of a good Weekly Production Plan:
There are many factors that are must to include in a weekly production plan but the most important factors or elements include; understanding of current and upcoming needs of market, foreseeing the market trends in future and capacity of the manufacturing unit to produce the required products. With all these elements, company can ensure that there is no wastage of resources, costs, labor and expenses.
Here are the principles to create a Weekly Production Plan:
- Knowing the needs of market:
This is really important for the company to understand what market needs and what the expectations of customers from the company are.
- Defining the production capacity of the unit:
By defining this step, company makes sure if it has the resources to fulfill the market requirements or there is need to hire more labor or increase the production capacity.
- Strategies to produce required number of products:
This is the last stage of weekly production planning and it includes the strategies and plans to execute the required amount of production by the company. Keep in mind that these strategies are only valid for one week and after that, the company will need to go through this entire process once again.
Here is download link for above shown Weekly Production Plan Template,
Related Word Templates
- Yearly Production Plan Template Most of the time, huge or international manufacturing companies prepare production plans for the annually. This means they only prepare a production plan for the next entire year and the new plan will be implemented after 12 months or 48 weeks. This makes it really important for the company to have the exact production strategy and planning that they need in order to fulfill the […]
- Daily Production Plan Template Before we explain the topic in hands, let’s assume that you want to go to your folks for this Christmas and you have to plan the whole trip, can you use your time effectively if you don’t know which route you want to travel on? The answer is a definite no which means if you can’t travel without proper planning, how on earth a company would produce millions of units without a production […]
- Business Development Plan Template A business development plan refers to the planning and strategies of making more profit for the business and enhancing its performance over time to time. It also includes increasing the business operations with other businesses and acquiring more clientele from local and international market.
Why it is important for a Business to have a Development Plan?
When a business starts, […]
- Marketing Plan Template Marketing for a company can be defined in many ways but in simple and easy words, it’s the strategy or planning of advertising a company in the market. Companies and organizations can’t survive or operate without marketing these days. Yes there were times when there were no concepts of marketing or advertising and the companies used to work fine in that situation but now the markets […]
- Emergency Response Plan Template Existence of life is usually unsure, all of us might have to deal with unpredictable circumstances in many job areas involving lifestyle intended for which all of us will not be organized. This really is thought to be unexpected emergency. Most of us typically dismiss the item and make virtually any strategy to cope with these kind of conditions. No-one can ascertain this emergency […]
- Outsourcing Services Contract Template Outsourcing is a word quite commonly used in the business world owing to its importance. Every employee working in a private or public limited company is familiar with this term. Outsourcing basically means to contract out. Outsourcing has become a widespread practice where companies transfer some part of their work to outside companies that are more competent and specialize in various […]
- Strategy Plan Template Strategy can be defined in many ways but in business world, it is a plan, a way, a method or a clear direction towards achieving the goals that an organization has defined earlier. You know that every business and both types of organizations (profitable and non-profitable) work on plans and goals which can vary with respect to each different company.
For example, a paper company has […]
- Quality Control Plan Template Quality plans are written to specify the standards by following which, companies complete their product manufacturing process. All businesses are running with the idea of providing best and quality services and products to end clients. When a company meets or exceeds the customer’s expectation it becomes the evaluation of company’s performance and ensures that timely completion of […]
- Project Plan Template Time is always very important for project planning to ensure timely completion and submission of projects. When it comes to project planning, there is always a need of planning and scheduling for time so that proper time could be estimated for each and every activity that will be involved in project making. Deciding about how much time will be required for which activity is project […]
- Project Management Plan Template Companies run projects all the time and it is very common for an organization to work on more than one project at once. But, no project is started without a proper management plan which provides an overview of the project to the important related people i.e. CEOs, directors and stakeholders.
The process that includes the brief introduction, explanation, responsibilities, resource […]