When an airplane takes off for its destination, the pilots have all the knowledge required to take it off in the air and land it safely on the ground but there are many things that they need to be provided in order to land it safely on the ground. Elements i.e. time to take off, the air path for the plane, required altitude for the plane, fuel capacity and consumption of the plane, number of passengers on board, required speed of the plane to keep, route of the plane and the destined airport to land the airplane. All these details and information are provided by the airport crew in the control tower and the document that includes all this information is called a flight plan.
Along with the pilots and the control tower on both airports, the flight plan is also provided to all the airports in between the route of the plane so that if there is a problem or change in the plan, the airports know what kind of plane they are going to deal with and how to handle the situation. Most of the time pilots act upon the flight plan and they don’t move a finger out of the plan but there are some situations in which the pilots have to take instant decisions and make changes in the flight plan i.e. a possible fault in the airplane, malfunction in the electrical system of the plane, fuel leakage or an emergency on board with some passenger.
Importance of a Flight Plan:
Along with number of other elements and perspectives, flight plan is crucial for the airports so that the airplane can safely take off, move on the route and again land safely on the ground. For example, if the control tower doesn’t know what kind of plane they are dealing with and what’s its size and measurements, how can they allow it to land on the airport along with dozens of other airplanes standing on the ground and taking off and landing at the same time. Flight plan is also very important in case a plane goes missing in the way over to the destination and with the plan document, it helps the search teams to search only through the route of the plane.
Here is preview of a Free Printable Flight Plan Template created using MS Word,
Elements of a Flight Plan:
- Flight path or route
- SIDs and STARs
- Special use of airspace
- Flight altitude or height of the plane
- Destined airport
- Alternate airports
- Fuel capacity of the plane
- Fuel consumption of the plane
- Flight plan timeline
Types of flight plans:
- Hybrid (combination of any of the above)
Some important terms used in flight plans:
- AGL (the height or altitude of an airplane above the ground level)
- ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization)
- Knot (a specific unit of speed to measure the velocity of an airplane in the air)
- MSL (the average sea level height for the entire path of an airplane)
- Nautical mile (it is a unit of distance in aviation used for airplanes)
Here is download link for above shown Flight Plan Template,
Related Word Templates
- Parenthood Plan Template It is very uncommon and rare in the Eastern countries like Pakistan, India and gulf countries that parents get divorce after that have 1 or more than one kids but they try to stay in the marriage as long as it’s possible where on the other hand, divorce is very common in Western and European cultures where parents usually don’t care about their children as much they care about their […]
- Marketing Plan Template Marketing for a company can be defined in many ways but in simple and easy words, it’s the strategy or planning of advertising a company in the market. Companies and organizations can’t survive or operate without marketing these days. Yes there were times when there were no concepts of marketing or advertising and the companies used to work fine in that situation but now the markets […]
- Business Development Plan Template A business development plan refers to the planning and strategies of making more profit for the business and enhancing its performance over time to time. It also includes increasing the business operations with other businesses and acquiring more clientele from local and international market.
Why it is important for a Business to have a Development Plan?
When a business starts, […]
- Project Management Plan Template Companies run projects all the time and it is very common for an organization to work on more than one project at once. But, no project is started without a proper management plan which provides an overview of the project to the important related people i.e. CEOs, directors and stakeholders.
The process that includes the brief introduction, explanation, responsibilities, resource […]
- Health Plan Template Here are the most common types of health plans:
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs):
This is not the very suitable healthcare plan for the employees but as it benefits the employers the most, it is the most common healthcare plan these days. There are number of advantages and disadvantages of this particular health plan but the most important thing is that this plan is […]
- Quality Control Plan Template Quality plans are written to specify the standards by following which, companies complete their product manufacturing process. All businesses are running with the idea of providing best and quality services and products to end clients. When a company meets or exceeds the customer’s expectation it becomes the evaluation of company’s performance and ensures that timely completion of […]
- Emergency Response Plan Template Existence of life is usually unsure, all of us might have to deal with unpredictable circumstances in many job areas involving lifestyle intended for which all of us will not be organized. This really is thought to be unexpected emergency. Most of us typically dismiss the item and make virtually any strategy to cope with these kind of conditions. No-one can ascertain this emergency […]
- Catering Plan Template Restaurants’ success is not limited to just providing quality foods to the people but if there isn’t any proper catering arrangement, it can ruin overall image of restaurant for other people. Seating structure and seating capacity are very important decisions to make restaurants profitable and running. Proper Catering Planning works for a restaurant a lot more what you might be […]
- Yearly Production Plan Template Most of the time, huge or international manufacturing companies prepare production plans for the annually. This means they only prepare a production plan for the next entire year and the new plan will be implemented after 12 months or 48 weeks. This makes it really important for the company to have the exact production strategy and planning that they need in order to fulfill the […]
- Lesson Plan Template Students learn a lot of different things in schools and colleges and every day they discover something new which is unique for them and it is important for the teachers to keep the students interested in the learning process so that they don’t get bored and lose interest. All this process in which the teacher plans his or her lessons and develops teaching techniques is known as lesson […]