Creative and well designed restaurant menu is always required for the promotion of your services and food items. Attractive menu will increase the appetite of the customers so it is essential to pay special attention on the designing of menu. Usually, hotels and restaurants prefer to design vertical menu to make it attractive enough. It is important to consider the theme and target demographic of your restaurant while designing vertical menu. It will be good to consider your target audience to plan interesting menu according to their class and choice. Vertical menu proves really significant as customer can easily explore it to enjoy yummy dishes. Vertical menu should contain all important contents for the better communication.
Here is preview of this Vertical Menu Template created using Microsoft Word,
Tips to Design Vertical Menu
Vertical menu is an attractive option so it is essential to plan your work carefully. Following are some tips that will help you to design an attractive vertical menu for your restaurant business:
Divide your menu into different categories and use different colors to highlight each category. For example, you can use primary color scheme to color special seafood items and in the background you can use different images like ships, fishermen, shells, nets, seagulls, fish etc.
Size and orientation of the menu cover should be determined carefully to provide better options to customers. Vertical format is easy to handle for customers as you can opt for 8 ½ by 11, 4 ¼ by 11, 8 ½ by 14 and 4 ¼ by 14 inches for the size of vertical menu.
You can design different pages for the menu according to different food items such as vegetable dishes, meat dishes, sea food, dessert, beverages etc. Contents should be displayed in smaller section for the easy navigation and exploration.
Material of the menu cover matters a lot because it should be durable so buy brawny card stock with plastic lamination for long term durability. You can also use expensive material such as leather, wood, metal or fabric to design the cover of your vertical menu according to your budget.
You can choose embossed, engrave, etch or affixing in a metal or plastic title plate. You can choose anyone of these styles to give an elegant look to the cover of your vertical menu. It will be good to design rough sketches for the menu as it will help you to pick up one best design for vertical menu.
Selection of artwork, clip art and photographs are important to include in the vertical menu to make it attractive enough. Position images carefully because overcrowding on the menu can irritate reader.
Font should be consistent with the overall theme of the vertical menu but it should be easy to read. Name of the restaurant should be placed in the center of vertical menu with the logo of restaurant. Do not forget to include contact addresses and contact numbers for the promotional purpose. You can also use vintage photographs of the restaurant with clearly written name of restaurant.
Here is download link for this Vertical Menu Template,
Related Word Templates
- Restaurant Menu Template An effectively designed restaurant menu is vital part of any restaurant marketing plan. Restaurant menu describes dining trends of your hotel so that your customer can get an idea about your overall working trends. An effectively designed restaurant menu can increase your profitability because the colorful and delicious photos of food items can increase the appetite of your customers […]
- Thanksgiving Menu Template Thanksgiving feast requires special preparations in advance therefore if you are responsible to prepare thanksgiving feast then it is essential to start your work with thanksgiving menu. An effective menu will help you to prepare shopping list for ingredients that are required to prepare thanksgiving meal. It is important to design so that you can prepare everything before time by […]
- Drinks Menu Template It will be quite exciting to open a drink bar or juice bar but like all other businesses it also requires the full attention on each and every detail. The most important part of your business is drinks menu because it is the only way to communicate about your offered drinks, services and special packages to the customers. Menu is very important because it has first stop of information […]
- Daily Menu Template Menus that contain information about specific dishes served on daily basis are daily menus. Daily menus are also referred as daily specials. Daily menus are basically weekly menus divided into days. Daily menus can have various deviations.
It can be generated by a restaurant or food chain for its customers.
It can be made for an athlete and customized according to his […]
- Pizza Menu Template If you want to open a pizza parlor then it is essential to communicate your services and this can be done with the use of pizza menu. You can run a successful pizza shop with the help of a well designed menu as it can be a promotional tool for your pizza parlor. Potential customers will differentiate your services from competitors to become regular customers. Usually, customers get […]
- Party Menu Template It can be quite interesting to plan a party menu because a perfect and elegant menu can increase the joy of your celebrations. Although party planning involves hundreds of details but the most important facet is party menu that will make your party planning easy. Menu will help you to throw an elegant party to increase the charm of your celebrations. Party menu should be planned […]
- Bar Menu Template Bar is an area in any restaurant or café where drinks of various kinds including alcoholic drinks are served. So bar menu can be referred to as the menu of that bar where cocktails are served. Bar menus are distinctive from the rest of the restaurant because of difference in its servings. Restaurants offer variety of food items whereas bars are specified for drinks of different kinds. […]
- Catering Menu Template Catering menu is really different from local menus because it is not designed to offer at the restaurants. These are specifically designed according to the nature of events and priorities of customers. It contains list of food items, prices per person and package deals. It is necessary for all caterers to have flexible catering menu so that your customers can easily choose from […]
- Cocktail Menu Template Cocktail is a mixture of drinks with alcohol and lots of people like to include these in their parties. A cocktail party is specially organized with variety of drinks and some finger foods. If you want to organize a cocktail party then it is necessary to design a cocktail menu. This menu is also used as part of formal restaurant menu and helps you to organize a private dinner party […]
- Drinks Bar Menu Template Bar menu is a condensed version of a standard dinner menu that is usually available at a restaurant. It may lists multiple food items including snacks, appetizers and popular cocktails. Bar menu contains details of food and drinks that will be served at bar instead of dining table. Bar menu is really easy to design because design, style, format and size of the menu entirely depend on […]