An interoffice memo or memorandum is a document in written form that is used as a communications tool between the employees and employer and can written by any of them. It is also known as inter-company memo because it is widely used to circulate important work related information within an organization, company or office. Interoffice memos are just like business letters but the difference is you can only use them in the office or the company while business letters are used to convey messages to people outside the business. Interoffice memo is usually used to make announcements, change in procedures, meeting schedules and other special events like training sessions and seminars etc. Creating an effective interoffice memo is not a big deal and takes very short time. These days, due to the access of the internet, interoffice memos are used to circulate via email. Interoffice memos are widely used for matters that are really serious and of great importance because it is the concrete type of message with less chances of getting errors and ignorance. For writing an effective interoffice memo, one must consider a few key points.
Here is preview of Interoffice Memo Template,
The most important thing for writing an effective interoffice memo is the format of the memo. Usually, companies use their own templates for writing interoffice memos but in case your company is new and there is no template for a memo then a perfect and standard format of writing an interoffice memo is.
To: write the name and details of the recipient, if you are writing it to a group or team, then write the name of the leader, manager or supervisor of the team.
From: write complete details of the sender including name, designation, contact information etc.
Subject: In one or two lines, write the purpose of the memo or the title or issue about which you are going to discuss.
Body: finally, write in detail the entire issue, possible solutions, required actions and expected outcomes. Make sure the body of the emo is about one page because more than one page is a suitable option for writing reports. The body of the interoffice memo will also include an introductory paragraph, a closing paragraph and a positive ending note.
Use action words
An interoffice memo is a formal communication tool therefore it should be written in a professional tone and action words. There are lots of action words that are commonly used in the business world and the use of such words can make your memo more understandable and fluent. Try to use simple words instead of using jargons. The sentence structure should be consistent and fluent.
For important and key points of the memo use bullets as bullets will make your memo readable and will help the employees in understanding the areas of emphasize.
Proofread before sending and printing
After completing your interoffice memo, proofread it to eliminate any kind of possible spelling and grammar errors. Do not forget to attach important attachments before sending the memo via email.
Here is download link for this Interoffice Memo Template,
I have more free memo templates for you to download from bluelayouts.org.
Related Word Templates
- Office Memo Template Maintaining your supervisors, friends and employees nicely knowledgeable is important to an easy operating workplace. Whilst a great deal of day-to-day info is exchanged in individual, by way of e-mail, or on the phone, occasionally it is essential to compose an business office memo that memorializes conversations and steps that have currently taken location (such as worker […]
- Credit Memo Template A credit memo is also known as invoice which is a document in which transaction details of a list of products or services that are purchased under that single transaction. Usually, people mix credit memos and statements however; these two are totally different things. A credit memo is written in a single transaction whereas a statement is created for a particular customer in which the […]
- MOU Memo Template The document which is known as memorandum of understanding is an important legal document that is signed between the two parties which are entering into a common interest thus getting mutually agreed upon the common upcoming interests. This document actually shows that both the parties are happy to join in the common line of action for their future perspectives. This is generally taken […]
- Calendar Template for Office Calendar is a perfect tool that makes us aware of dates and help in remembering some important events. Calendars are important for home use too however, the need of having a calendar in the office is something really ameliorated because for successful day-to-day business operations punctuality is very important. There are lots of calendars available in the market that people can […]
- Weekly Calendar Template The calendar is the most important and valuable tool in our life and has a number of uses in different places to keep our lives punctual, organized and effective. From office to school and to home everywhere in our daily life we need to look at calendar in order manage our daily events, appointments, meetings and other regular tasks. It is observed that people who are using calendar in […]
- General Agreement Template An Agreement is a legal document that includes the responsibilities and obligations of two or more parties involved in a personal or business deal. It is better to get the responsibilities and duties in writing and ask the parties to sign the agreement rather than just trusting their words in the deal. You can either draft your own agreement by understanding the needs and requirements […]
- Artist Statement Template An artist statement is a short piece of writing drafted with a creative mind behind it to complement a particular painting(s). The artist statement should be written carefully, because it is an important selling tool and helps you to promote and explain your work to people interested in your paintings; they can be potential buyers, stewards of exhibition, fellow artists, or casual […]
- Appointment Slip Template An appointment slip is a piece of paper that shows time and date for a meeting. Companies give appointment slips to their clients in order to reserve the time for the next meeting. Doctors give appointment slips to their patients so in order to stay on schedule for the next visit. An appointment letter works both ways. On one hand it prevents the company to call two clients at the same […]
- Event Report Template An Event Report is an overview and analysis of a conference or an event. It includes the collection of key features, latest thinking, and approach presented at a conference.
Event reporting follows a discipline. So, you should follow a well-structure and format to write a well, descriptive, and informative Event report. It should cover all the moments from initial to conclusion […]
- File Folder Label Template Offices and companies mainly work with documents and put awful lot data in the files which go on the pile of the existing ones. This is a very complicated procedure which makes it very difficult to find a specific file or document from hundreds of same looking files. This is where a file labeling system comes handy as it makes it easier and quicker to track a specific document and find […]