A storyboard is kind of a presentation or technique of illustrating the process of a project or new product development on paper work rather than creating a prototype and then evaluating the value and quality of the product.
Importance and benefits of Storyboard Diagrams:
If you have any knowledge of business and how companies work with projects and development of new products, you can understand that it usually includes two basic steps or elements including; creation of the new product and innovation. If you have worked in this field before, you know that both these steps require a huge amount of time and resources and if you don’t want to waste any time, it could create a problem.
Luckily, with storyboard diagrams, you can save a lot of your time and resources that you were about to invest in new processes of product development and creating new ideas. The beauty of this technique is that unlike many other methods, more than one departments in your company can use the same storyboards one by one which means there is no need to create more than one board even if the process includes up to 6 departments.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Storyboard Diagram Template created using MS Word,
Elements to take care with creating a Storyboard Diagram:
- Just keep it simple:
The basic idea behind creating a storyboard is to simplify the entire process of presenting an idea or project and you should keep it simple while creating the storyboard. It may seem that you can’t explain or describe a part of the story in simpler words but you have to work on it and there are chances that you will find a simple way to convey the complex message.
- Try to make it more collaborative:
It is possible that when you create a storyboard, you lost track of the steps or elements involved in the process. That could create a mess which will be hard to understand and it is also possible that in that situation, it will be difficult to link the individual parts of the story together. This is why you need to relate all the parts or sections of the story together.
- Divide the entire story into sections:
This is a very useful tip especially for those who are creating this storyboard for the first time or don’t have enough experience in this process. With dividing the whole story or project in separate sections or parts, you can work on each part individually and this way you can easily concentrate on every step so that you don’t miss anything.
- Make it a good and interesting story:
If you really want your coworkers and senior members to like your storyboard and don’t fall asleep during the presentation, you need to make it interesting so that they take interest in it and enjoy the time in the meeting room. You can add different images or pictures instead of boring paragraphs as a picture speaks thousand words.
Application of storyboard diagrams in business:
The application of storyboard diagram is very simple and it just includes three simple and basic steps including; key problem, most effective solution and benefit from this process. The storyboard starts with the problem that customers are facing and then it goes to the next level of presenting a new product as the solution of that problem. At the end, the storyboard shows the benefits with the new product for the company, which is like the key reason behind creating a new product in the first place.
Here is download link for above shown Storyboard Diagram Template,
Download Storyboard Diagram Template
Related Word Templates
- Risk Diagram Template Risk management for companies and businesses is as important as breathing for the living beings. It is not possible for a company to run or make good progress without evaluating the possible risks with the projects and under development products or customized services. This process of evaluating the risks and managing them before it’s too late is also known as risk diagrams. This is […]
- Timeline Diagram Template When it comes to project management, time, quality and cost are the only three elements that companies and organizations concentrate the most on. Quality of a project is hard to estimate before seeing the final project but it is possible to estimate the costs and time frame for completing the project. To make sure that time is in favor for the project team members, the important events […]
- Network Diagram Template A network diagram is also known as project network diagram or flow chart in simple words and this is one of the many graphical representations that companies use these days. Usually, a network diagram is referred only to the computer networking and most people know this diagram in related to the computer based networking but this can be used in both companies for general presentations […]
- Porter’s Five Force Diagram Template Porter’s five force diagram is a simple but very important tool for analyzing the market for new and existing companies. If you want to research in the market to find out how much power your company has over the suppliers, buyers and competitors, this technique is here to help you out.
Importance of Porter’s Five Force Diagram:
At this point of this diagram or […]
- UML Sequence Diagram Template UML stands for Unified Modeling Language and sequence diagram is a very common and important technique for representing data and research in this field. In between the components or elements of a system, sequence diagrams are used to present or show the relationship or link for the flow of events or messages. In computer networking, UML sequence diagrams are frequently used because […]
- Root Cause Analysis Diagram Template Root cause analysis diagram which is also known as fishbone diagram, Ishikawa diagram or cause and effect diagram is a graphical representation of all the root causes behind a problem in a business. Companies and organizations use this diagram in order to find out the real causes behind a problem and to eliminate the problem for long terms. When there is a problem in a business, it is […]
- Affinity Diagram Template Affinity diagram, which is also known as KJ method is a commonly used technique for brainstorming sessions in companies and organizations. This technique was invented back in 1960 by a businessman Kawakita Jiro that explains why it is also referred to as KJ method. The key purpose of affinity diagram is to generate, coordinate and organize the different thoughts and decisions from […]
- Organogram Template Organizational structure is important part of any organization because it helps you to understand the communication and reporting flow (who reports to whom) of the people in the organization. Functional organizational structure is one of the traditional structures that based on the different common functions of the organization including manufacturing, engineering, marketing, human […]
- Gap Analysis Diagram Some people find it quite difficult to understand the gap analysis where in reality, it is not that hard. If you can’t understand this concept from business perspective, you should understand the word “gap” in general means. You know that gap means the difference between two points or two objects and it is the same meaning that gap analysis carries.
This is the process that is […]
- Gantt Chart Template When it comes to project management, the process is tougher and complex as compared to the other areas and fields of a business. If we ask some of the top project managers in the world, we will find out that there are only two most important things or elements of a project that the manager keeps track of including; complete the project within budget and finish it on time.