Affinity diagram, which is also known as KJ method is a commonly used technique for brainstorming sessions in companies and organizations. This technique was invented back in 1960 by a businessman Kawakita Jiro that explains why it is also referred to as KJ method. The key purpose of affinity diagram is to generate, coordinate and organize the different thoughts and decisions from different people in a team and use those thoughts as a single unit to point the team in the right direction. Usually this diagram is prepared on a gram with symbols and diagrams that help the entire team understand the situation in a better way.
Importance of affinity diagrams:
There are dozens of benefits and important factors about affinity diagrams that force you to use this technique or strategy in your business but most importantly, this is one of the decision making techniques that allow the whole team to participate in the decision making process. You know that two heads are better than one and three heads are better than two. This means when the entire team is involved in the decision-making, there will be more chances that you can easily eliminate all the uncertain factors and be surer about your decision.
Moreover, as the entire team takes part in the decision making process and think like a single unit, there are great chances that they will learn more about how to work in a team and how to react to other people’s thoughts and solutions. This way you can build a better and more efficient team for your company that will result in better output and more productivity.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Affinity Diagram Template created by our staff in house using MS Word,
Application of affinity diagrams in business:
There are many scenarios and situations in which you can easily and conveniently use affinity diagrams but most importantly, when you have to make a big decision or there are many choices to choose from and you aren’t sure what option to pick, affinity diagram is here to help you out. With this diagram, you can make complex decisions and be more certain that you have made the right choice.
There are many situations when you have a problem and in order to solve it, you also have more than one choice to choose from and you can’t think of a way to choose the best decision out of the list. In that kind of situation, you can use affinity diagram. This system or technique of affinity diagram is more helpful especially when the problem and it’s solution is too complex or overwhelming for you and you are not in the position to make the right decision.
In a business, often comes situation and scenarios in which you have to be more certain about what you decide. This means that no matter what choice you make, you have to be certain that this won’t backfire in the future and you will not face the same problem again. The good news is that affinity diagrams present possible outcomes or results with each solution which means you can easily decide which choice is best for you.
Here is download link for this Affinity Diagram Template,
Related Word Templates
- Root Cause Analysis Diagram Template Root cause analysis diagram which is also known as fishbone diagram, Ishikawa diagram or cause and effect diagram is a graphical representation of all the root causes behind a problem in a business. Companies and organizations use this diagram in order to find out the real causes behind a problem and to eliminate the problem for long terms. When there is a problem in a business, it is […]
- Porter’s Five Force Diagram Template Porter’s five force diagram is a simple but very important tool for analyzing the market for new and existing companies. If you want to research in the market to find out how much power your company has over the suppliers, buyers and competitors, this technique is here to help you out.
Importance of Porter’s Five Force Diagram:
At this point of this diagram or […]
- Mind Map Diagram Template Mind mapping is a common and simple technique that is used in businesses and corporations on regular basis. This is a technique in which you describe your story or whatever is on your mind in form of diagrams and symbols instead of just words and sentences. The thing is that when you have to run a big company, you always look ways and options to save time. The mind map diagram is […]
- Timeline Diagram Template When it comes to project management, time, quality and cost are the only three elements that companies and organizations concentrate the most on. Quality of a project is hard to estimate before seeing the final project but it is possible to estimate the costs and time frame for completing the project. To make sure that time is in favor for the project team members, the important events […]
- Network Diagram Template A network diagram is also known as project network diagram or flow chart in simple words and this is one of the many graphical representations that companies use these days. Usually, a network diagram is referred only to the computer networking and most people know this diagram in related to the computer based networking but this can be used in both companies for general presentations […]
- UML Sequence Diagram Template UML stands for Unified Modeling Language and sequence diagram is a very common and important technique for representing data and research in this field. In between the components or elements of a system, sequence diagrams are used to present or show the relationship or link for the flow of events or messages. In computer networking, UML sequence diagrams are frequently used because […]
- Fishbone Template Making a Fishbone Diagram requires 4 main actions. In these actions, “bones” are accustomed to point out the outcome of the factors (the mass of the influence is calculated in the scale of the bones that are sketched). For example, the big bones close to the skull of the fish symbolize a big influence, although modest bones away from the top contain a scaled-down influence. The diagram […]
- Storyboard Diagram Template A storyboard is kind of a presentation or technique of illustrating the process of a project or new product development on paper work rather than creating a prototype and then evaluating the value and quality of the product.
Importance and benefits of Storyboard Diagrams:
If you have any knowledge of business and how companies work with projects and development of new products, […]
- Risk Diagram Template Risk management for companies and businesses is as important as breathing for the living beings. It is not possible for a company to run or make good progress without evaluating the possible risks with the projects and under development products or customized services. This process of evaluating the risks and managing them before it’s too late is also known as risk diagrams. This is […]
- The Work Breakdown Structure Template WBS or Work Breakdown Structure is a business or corporation technique used in companies and organizations to execute projects. This is a commonly used technique for planning and organizing the tasks and steps included in a project.
Project managers use this technique in order to foresee the results and effects of a project after a certain time in future along with estimating the […]