Confidentiality agreement is used by two companies at the commencement of new work therefore it should be in standard written form. It is important to bind all parties to conceal sensitive information from outsiders. Confidentially contract is a clear indication that the information is private and only for the contract parties. This type of contracts are used as incentives to build trust between parties and often used for legal battle. Confidentiality agreement is also known as non-disclosure agreement and these types of contracts are often used by employer to prohibit employees to disclose confidential details to general public and other people. Confidentiality contracts are necessary to guard confidential information and trade secrets.
Nature of Confidentiality Contract
Confidentiality contracts are legal binding therefore these should be designed in written form. It is also known as a binding contract as it serves as guarantee for the protection of your confidential information and business secretes.
Functions of Confidentiality Contract
Confidentiality contracts are designed for the protection of private information from public. These contracts often comprise details of secretes or information that should not be disclosed in the public by the parties of contract. Usually, employer takes sign of employee on confidentiality agreement to bind him/her for the secrecy. Usually this contract has three major functions:
- Protection of sensitive information related to your business or project.
- Prevent forfeiture of patent rights.
- Clear definition of confidential information that is necessary to conceal from other people.
Here is preview of a free Sample Confidentiality Contract Template created using MS Word,
Things to be Written
Following are some important points that should be included in the confidentiality contracts:
Confidentiality contract should specify the details of parties entering in the contract and the ways to handle confidential information. The contract should contain time period for which parties are bound not to disclose confidential information to third person or general public.
This contract can be long and wordy and often contain complex legal jargon. You are advised to consult your legal adviser before signing these contracts to understand complex legal jargons.
If confidentiality contract is written for employee then the contract will include employment terms, duties, restrictions, termination policies and non-solicitation agreement. For instance, while hiring a sales person the contract will state that the person is not allowed to work for the competitor of specific area for specific period of time even after quitting his/her job.
External contract agreements are made between contractors, consultants, potential employee and vendors. These contracts cover secrete information of the company according to the license and the business policies.
Significance of Confidentiality Contract
Confidentiality agreement is a legal contract that requires two or more than two parties to enter. It is important document for the protection of your secrete information therefore it is essential to take the consent of all parties before writing such contracts. After signing this contract, all parties become responsible to protect private information of the company or project. Nature of information can be varied for the contract such as data, drawings, results of a test, facts of computer software, business tools etc.
Here is download link for above shown Confidentiality Contract Template,
Related Word Templates
- Partnership Contract Template Although everyone wants to handle the business by his own and decide without concerning anyone else, but sooner or later, everyone needs a partner if he wants to improve the business or start a new project. This explains why companies do partnership when they were doing fine before. When two or more partners do a partnership together, they need to sign a legal document to limit the […]
- Labor Contract Template A labor contract which is also called an employment contract is a document that defines the relationship between the employer and employee. This way they both have a clear knowledge of what they are supposed to do and what the other party requires from them. When a company hires an employee, the recruiter assumes some duties or responsibilities that the employee will perform at the job […]
- Purchase Contract Template This contract is an essential part of a purchasing procedure as it ensures that the buyer receives all the demanded products or services and the seller gets his money on time. Companies as well as individuals purchase a lot of products and goods on regular basis and they need to keep a record of every purchase as it will be useful to claim the delivery or warranty afterwards. Buyers as […]
- Sales Contract Template A selling contract is signed for the purpose of sales matters between the purchaser and seller. With the passage of time the need for the selling agreement has been intensively recognized to ensure the standardized terms of trade and for a good investment.
The investment on the selling contract prior to entering in the business terms prove to be worthy if anything bad happens later […]
- Business Contract Template A Business Contract is an agreement which is made between any two organizations, parties with mutual consent after their decision or agreement to enter in business relationship with one another. This contract is in other words a legal enforceable promise to abide one another for mutual sharing of the profits and losses in accordance with the already decided or signed obligations. The […]
- Service Contract Template Service Contract is offered on home appliances, electronics, cars and other major appliances, to give you a relief from the hassles of repair. It is just like a purchase of peace of mind with the item whether you make your shopping from a retail store, online store, company outlet or a catalog, service contracts are usually there as an additional convenience. According to an […]
- Tenancy Contract Template A Tenancy Contract is a deal between a landlord and single or more personalities involved in breathing in the assets or performing a trade there. Rental Concords are one of the more ordinary varieties of concord in English by law and, for the reason that they compact with residences and commerce location, one of the more vital. The reason of a tenancy concord is to place the terms and […]
- MOU Memo Template The document which is known as memorandum of understanding is an important legal document that is signed between the two parties which are entering into a common interest thus getting mutually agreed upon the common upcoming interests. This document actually shows that both the parties are happy to join in the common line of action for their future perspectives. This is generally taken […]
- Rental Contract Template The structure and the layout of the tenancy contract should be unambiguous from the owner’s side and the from the tenant’s side as well. It is compulsory that the both parties should agree on all points of the contract with a nice mutual consensus. An apparent contract contains many things like terms and conditions from both sides clearly mentioned because it will help both sides in […]
- Professional Services Agreement Template When a company involves another company or services provider for professional services, the services agreement is signed by both parties i.e. company and service provider. This agreement benefits both the company and the service provider with their rights and responsibilities so that no one violates any terms and mutually agreed clauses in the agreement. Small companies prepare this […]