Job descriptions are the main tools for communication that have an important role to play in your organization. If job description is not well written then first impression on masses is poor and people do not perceive it accurately and unable to satisfy your expectations from them. Job description is the main idea that enables your worker to access his duties, responsibilities and requirement of particular job. Employee job description is based on the information that are needed to be performed by the expected employee and also shows already set criteria, such as specific qualification, skill and experience, etc.; required for the offered job. It also clarifies about the working conditions, tools available, equipment used, knowledge and relationships with other designations. Whether it will be a small firm or a large company, every institution needed a well-defined job description for competitive environment and to give direction to the employee. Give proper direction to your employee with the vision and mission of your company. It’s a leader’s job to assign proper work to his employee as needed by the customer.
Here is preview of this Sample Job Description Template created using MS Word,
Some effective rules are given as under to consider while writing job description:
- Job Title
- Job summary/ Responsibilities
- Qualification/ Requirements
- Job location
- Salary and benefits
When starting designing a role or job description, one must know the history of the company and set goals according to it and it is essential to take measures that can make positioning more attractive and productive as well as competitive and rewarding for the candidate. After getting familiar with all the aspects of the job description, you should do some research on HR journals and different types of articles that presenting job descriptions so you get idea about the latest trends as well as you can prepare an exclusive type of job description.
Now you can start developing a job description by starting from the title. Title should be accurate and reveal what position is offered as the nature of the work and designation it holds in the firm or company, for example, accountant, secretary, personal assistant, engineer, graphic designer, manager etc. careful about the title and choose title according to organizational structure. Now explain the job summary or the responsibilities in detail with specific roles that has to be assigned to the employee after recruitment. Summarize objective, nature of work and scope in few lines from three to four lines, it should take as mission statement of the job. Responsibilities should be described separately so it will be clear for employee what he has to be capable of. In addition specify major tasks.
Reporting lines refer to indicate about the position on the job and relationship of the role that expected to be supervised. In next section, qualification or required education mentioned. All types like, education, experience, skill, any kind of diploma, licenses and abilities are counted in this section. Applicant can also mention about his characteristics according to this section. Job location also explaining the designation or position along with the travel requirements has to be mentioned earlier. Now the important section comes, eye catching section for any applicant, description of the salary and benefit according to the role and company.
Here is download this Job Description Template,
Related Word Templates
- Lesson Plan Template for Teachers Lesson planning is necessary for all teachers because it brings more effectiveness in their teaching patterns. Lesson plan helps all teachers to manage their lesson within instructional time and provide step by step guidance to students. It allows teachers to evaluate their performance by organizing short tests for students. Every teacher works differently to plan his/her lesson but […]
- Free Invoice Template It’s a messy job to compile all the details in invoice form without letting it be lengthy or taking up a form of volume. But here are some useful features that have to keep in mind and you will design your own invoice with ease. A basic feature to design an invoice is to choose bare structure of your invoice and that should be of standard letter format so it can be convenient for […]
- Weekly Calendar Template The calendar is the most important and valuable tool in our life and has a number of uses in different places to keep our lives punctual, organized and effective. From office to school and to home everywhere in our daily life we need to look at calendar in order manage our daily events, appointments, meetings and other regular tasks. It is observed that people who are using calendar in […]
- Restaurant Menu Template An effectively designed restaurant menu is vital part of any restaurant marketing plan. Restaurant menu describes dining trends of your hotel so that your customer can get an idea about your overall working trends. An effectively designed restaurant menu can increase your profitability because the colorful and delicious photos of food items can increase the appetite of your customers […]
- Promissory Note Template We often borrow money or get loans from persons or banks, in both cases a written promise or promissory note is advised to avoid any complications in future. Financial matters often need to raise funds for new ventures or to cope with financial crises in business. Both conditions demand some written agreement with persons or organizations sponsoring you in regard of loan. Promissory […]
- Labor Contract Template A labor contract which is also called an employment contract is a document that defines the relationship between the employer and employee. This way they both have a clear knowledge of what they are supposed to do and what the other party requires from them. When a company hires an employee, the recruiter assumes some duties or responsibilities that the employee will perform at the job […]
- Vacation Request Template The unbridled pursuit of our passions is what differentiates a fulfilling career from a paper-pusher job where one drudges along with the daily duties ad infinitum, or at least until the twilight of one’s productive life.
The nature of work done, the remuneration as well as commendations received for successfully completed tasks and the achievement of mandates and goals are all key […]
- Sample Satisfaction Survey Template The employee satisfaction surveys are important to collect the information of the employees for the better management of the organizations and to improve their efficiency in accordance with the company’s growth and development. The measure of employee’s satisfaction is important to;
Keep the quality employees working satisfactorily
To boost up the productivity of the company by […]
- Service Contract Template Service Contract is offered on home appliances, electronics, cars and other major appliances, to give you a relief from the hassles of repair. It is just like a purchase of peace of mind with the item whether you make your shopping from a retail store, online store, company outlet or a catalog, service contracts are usually there as an additional convenience. According to an […]
- Army Certificate Template The army certificate is a valuable document for army officers issued after the completion of on going training and accomplishment of certain jobs. It is issued to a solider that demonstrates exceptional skills and performs individual duties. There are different criteria to earn army certificate and award. Usually, new work procedures are devised or some improvements can make the […]