Service Contract is offered on home appliances, electronics, cars and other major appliances, to give you a relief from the hassles of repair. It is just like a purchase of peace of mind with the item whether you make your shopping from a retail store, online store, company outlet or a catalog, service contracts are usually there as an additional convenience. According to an estimation, about 50% buyers of new cars, multiple appliances and used cars make purchase of service contract, the cost of this contract varies with the duration, coverage and type of contract and usually the cost ranges from $50 to over $500.
What is covered and offered by the service contract?
The service contract is actually synonymous to warranty that gives you repair and maintenance for a specific time period. The only difference between warranty and service contract is that warranty comes under the price of the product whereas for service contract customers has to pay some extra amount of money. It is good to check the offers of warranty before purchasing a service contract because in this way customers can save a significant amount of money by just purchasing additional coverage to warranty card. Service contract usually covering particular parts of the product on some stipulations for repair purpose. Service contracts usually never cover damages that take place because of failure in maintaining the product and misuse of the product. Moreover, it is the responsibility of the consumer to notify the company periodically about the problems in order to ensure the validity of the contract.
Here is preview of this Service Contract Template created using MS Word,
The benefits of service contract
The benefits of service contract are dependent on the type of coverage that are offered by contract. Usually service contract is considered profitable for expensive repairs. Service contracts sometimes become useless when throughout the specified period of service contract the product work perfectly without any kind of repairing needs. Service contracts save customers from large repair fees as company offer low rates as compared to market rate. Moreover, service contract assures the quality of the product even after repair because they always use original items and trained staff. They usually never charge them for repairing a part of the product. The service contract is a relief and peace of mind for the customer from the tension that what if the product become damaged.
Things to consider before purchasing service contract
A careful reading to the coverage area, terms and conditions, turn out date and to the cost of service contract is a responsibility of a customer if he/she want to access some great offers as part of their service contract. Not all service contracts are of the same kind and cost and therefore in order to understand the nature of the contract one must give it a careful reading. If a customer feels any kind of confusion related to any area of the contract, it is important to ask. if a particular area is not mentioned in the contract’s coverage then consider it is not included. It is good to purchase services contract when the warranty period overs because usually warranties carry lots of repair offers.
Here is download link for this Service Contract Template,
Related Word Templates
- Confidentiality Contract Template Confidentiality agreement is used by two companies at the commencement of new work therefore it should be in standard written form. It is important to bind all parties to conceal sensitive information from outsiders. Confidentially contract is a clear indication that the information is private and only for the contract parties. This type of contracts are used as incentives to build […]
- Purchase Contract Template This contract is an essential part of a purchasing procedure as it ensures that the buyer receives all the demanded products or services and the seller gets his money on time. Companies as well as individuals purchase a lot of products and goods on regular basis and they need to keep a record of every purchase as it will be useful to claim the delivery or warranty afterwards. Buyers as […]
- Sales Contract Template A selling contract is signed for the purpose of sales matters between the purchaser and seller. With the passage of time the need for the selling agreement has been intensively recognized to ensure the standardized terms of trade and for a good investment.
The investment on the selling contract prior to entering in the business terms prove to be worthy if anything bad happens later […]
- Labor Contract Template A labor contract which is also called an employment contract is a document that defines the relationship between the employer and employee. This way they both have a clear knowledge of what they are supposed to do and what the other party requires from them. When a company hires an employee, the recruiter assumes some duties or responsibilities that the employee will perform at the job […]
- Business Contract Template A Business Contract is an agreement which is made between any two organizations, parties with mutual consent after their decision or agreement to enter in business relationship with one another. This contract is in other words a legal enforceable promise to abide one another for mutual sharing of the profits and losses in accordance with the already decided or signed obligations. The […]
- Partnership Contract Template Although everyone wants to handle the business by his own and decide without concerning anyone else, but sooner or later, everyone needs a partner if he wants to improve the business or start a new project. This explains why companies do partnership when they were doing fine before. When two or more partners do a partnership together, they need to sign a legal document to limit the […]
- Tenancy Contract Template A Tenancy Contract is a deal between a landlord and single or more personalities involved in breathing in the assets or performing a trade there. Rental Concords are one of the more ordinary varieties of concord in English by law and, for the reason that they compact with residences and commerce location, one of the more vital. The reason of a tenancy concord is to place the terms and […]
- Vacation Request Template The unbridled pursuit of our passions is what differentiates a fulfilling career from a paper-pusher job where one drudges along with the daily duties ad infinitum, or at least until the twilight of one’s productive life.
The nature of work done, the remuneration as well as commendations received for successfully completed tasks and the achievement of mandates and goals are all key […]
- User Manual Template User manual also known as user’s guide is a technical communication document designed to provide assistance to people about particular system. User manuals are found with almost all electronic devices to help new user about the use of device. It is important part of your product marketing therefore it is necessary to write it carefully without any confusion. You have to use simple and […]
- Rental Contract Template The structure and the layout of the tenancy contract should be unambiguous from the owner’s side and the from the tenant’s side as well. It is compulsory that the both parties should agree on all points of the contract with a nice mutual consensus. An apparent contract contains many things like terms and conditions from both sides clearly mentioned because it will help both sides in […]