Due to the continuous advancement in technology, all businesses have connected to the internet to expand, advertise and market their products. This not only provides them a virtual space to move but also earn handsome profits through such practices. Almost all brick and mortar setups are connected to the internet now. They maintain website to cater to the online traffic. People also resort to such locations to buy different items. This is not only easy in terms of availability but also saves other costs in travelling etc. So maintenance of online websites has become inevitable for the businesses to survive in this era. There are various ways by which website owners maintain the smooth flow of traffic. They attract customers through numerous ways. And one of the techniques is website linking.
Two parties involved in free linking agreement are the owner of receiving website/target website whose links are placed on another website i.e. linking website. The owner of target website allows the owner of linking website to place links on the home page. But that has to follow some guidelines given by the owner of target website. In a linking agreement, the owner of website providing services may charge some amount but as this is free linking agreement so no money is charged to the target website owner. Several clauses can be added in this agreement according to one’s needs and requirements.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Free Linking Agreement Template created using MS Word,
Some of the standard terms that must be included in the agreement are.
- The clause regarding the placement of the link on the linking website.
- The clause elaborating the details regarding the kind of link used. Either graphical link will be used or the link having text in it.
- The size and location of the link must also be mentioned in one of the clauses to rule out the possibility of any misunderstanding.
- The owner of targeted website can demand the use of vibrant link that instantly takes the attention of visitor and create brand awareness among them in an effective manner.
- Also the limitations within which the owner of linking website has to operate and use the link must be entered in the agreement. These can be:
- Dimensions of the link must be according to the provided detail.
- Location of the link must be very prominent so that users of the linking website notice the link at once.
- Content of the target website should not be blocked in any way through the link.
- No modification in the content of the targeted website through the link.
- If the linking website contains any obscene or defamatory material then the targeted website must not be linked. Because this will damage the reputation of the targeted website as well.
- Instant removal of the link if the owner of targeted website withdraws its permission of linking.
Some of the reasons for which the linking agreement happens between two interested parties are as follows:
- For enhancement of brand image.
- To increase the number of users of targeted/receiving website.
- To create awareness among users of linking website of the targeted website.
- To generate revenues by increasing the number of visitors.
Here is download link for this Free Linking Agreement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Affiliate Program Agreement Template An agreement is signed between two parties that are interested in forming a relationship. The relationship can with either be short term or long term. Short term can be less than a year and long term usually is more than a year. Such distinction is necessary before drafting an agreement because such ambiguities can result in stringent consequences for both of the parties involved. […]
- Content Provider Agreement Template When a company or a website owner approaches a professional content writing services provider as a client in order to hire them for the above mentioned services for their business or mostly for website content writing, an agreement is created and signed by both parties i.e. the client and the content developer. This agreement is known as the content provider agreement and it includes […]
- Calendar Template for Office Calendar is a perfect tool that makes us aware of dates and help in remembering some important events. Calendars are important for home use too however, the need of having a calendar in the office is something really ameliorated because for successful day-to-day business operations punctuality is very important. There are lots of calendars available in the market that people can […]
- Employment Agency Agreement Template Before talking about the functioning and procedure of writing an employment agency agreement, it is necessary to elaborate the employment agency. A firm that provides employees to the employers and vice versa is usually called as employment agency. In third world countries there is no or minimal concept of employment agencies. But in developed part of the world, employment agencies are […]
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Template In business life a person might be in a situation to share surreptitious matters with other parties or persons which demand to be kept confidential. A non disclosure agreement is constructed at this point for the sake of secrecy. Non disclosure agreement is a legal document in which one party consents to provide confidential information about their business or products to other party […]
- Consignment Agreement Template Consignment agreement is a very common legal and business contract that is written and signed between the manufacturer and owner of a specific product and the consignee who is responsible of displaying the product, attract customers and to make sale of the product in the market. With the consignment agreement, both parties decide the terms and conditions on which the joint venture will […]
- Independent Contractor Agreement Template Independent contractor can be any sole proprietor, company or firm that provides services or goods to any of its client. Client can also vary in its form from a natural person to a public or private limited company. There are various modes whereby companies operate their businesses. Sometimes independent contractors are hired by companies to perform certain services. Terms and […]
- Co-Branding Agreement Template Before jumping on the description of this type of agreement, one should have a know-how of this term as well. Co-branding as the name suggests, is a procedure whereby more than one brand collaborate their marketing efforts to promote both brands consecutively. Co-branding has gained huge steam in the business arena owing to its usefulness. It is one of the marketing tools that are […]
- Website Proposal Template In this modern era where technology is becoming obsolete on daily basis, the need for emerging out of this complication is also getting tougher. Businesses have been moving out of traditional brick and mortar settings into virtual business places. This transition has taken time and effort. Many opponents and proponents of this transition are existent and continuously growing in number. […]
- Assignment of Contributor Rights Agreement Template The contributor rights assignment agreement takes place between the person who contributes any material and the one who is the owner of the project in which material is being contributed by the contributor. As this is the assignment agreement, all rights relating to the contribution are transferred to the other party. Had it been a license, the contributor will transfer the rights […]