Unlike buying or developing a usual or common software program, it is more complicated to develop a custom software program. When an individual or a company hires a computer firm to develop a custom software program, they both create and sign a legal contract that is also known as the custom software development agreement. This agreement includes the expectations of the client with the developer, duration to complete and supply the software, warranties and maintenance along with the ownership of legal rights to the software, disclosure of intellectual property, distribution of the software with usage policies and finally, the compensation for the developer in exchange of his services.
Brief Description of Custom Software Development Agreement:
There are hundreds and thousands of types of software programs in the world that can be bought by as many customers as possible and most of the time, when companies and organizations want to implement specific software programs or technologies in their offices, they can easily get one from software providers but there are certain situations in which a company wants a unique kind of software. We also know these software programs as the custom built software programs in which the client or company provides specific guidelines and instructions to fulfill in the software for the ease of software developer. Unlike common software programs, this process of developing custom software programs is very sensitive and complicated and even a single misunderstanding can lead to a big conflict or issue in future.
For example, a company wants to acquire a software program that can produce counting of the units in storage, units in manufacturing process, units needed for shipment and customer’s orders and this is a technology that is unique with each manufacturer i.e. mobile manufacturer, automobile manufacturer, shoes manufacturer and garments manufacturer. In order to cope with their difficulties, they need custom software that includes all the facilities that they require or will need in future. When such client approaches the software developing company, they sign a legal agreement. This agreement includes the specific guidelines and instructions for the development of software program along with timeline in which the client wants the finished product and the transfer of the rights and full or partial ownership of the software so that the client can easily use it in whatever manner he wants without concerning the developer or obtaining license for use.
Here is preview of a Free Printable Custom Software Development Agreement Template created using MS Word,
Key Elements to add in the Custom Software Development Agreement:
- Name of the client/company that needs software
- Name of the software/services provider company
- Details and specification of the software required by the client
- Deadline and schedule for providing software
- Rates and payment/compensation in exchange for the software development
- Intellectual property rights of the software
- Ownership and legal rights of the software
- Warranty clauses by the developer for services and maintenance of the software
- Terms and conditions of the agreement
- Mutually agreed clauses of the agreement
- Termination and validation of the agreement
- Results of violation of the agreement
- Signature of client and software providing company
Here is download link for this Custom Software Development Agreement Template,
Related Word Templates
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Template In business life a person might be in a situation to share surreptitious matters with other parties or persons which demand to be kept confidential. A non disclosure agreement is constructed at this point for the sake of secrecy. Non disclosure agreement is a legal document in which one party consents to provide confidential information about their business or products to other party […]
- Professional Services Agreement Template When a company involves another company or services provider for professional services, the services agreement is signed by both parties i.e. company and service provider. This agreement benefits both the company and the service provider with their rights and responsibilities so that no one violates any terms and mutually agreed clauses in the agreement. Small companies prepare this […]
- Mediation Agreement Template Mediation is basically a way usually used to settle disputes or quarrels between two or more than two parties. However, a mediation agreement is a legal document containing typically a brief summary of important issues that the involved parties have agreed on and other important details like how they have decided to move forward to clear up a quarrel or dispute. A medication agreement […]
- Affiliate Program Agreement Template An agreement is signed between two parties that are interested in forming a relationship. The relationship can with either be short term or long term. Short term can be less than a year and long term usually is more than a year. Such distinction is necessary before drafting an agreement because such ambiguities can result in stringent consequences for both of the parties involved. […]
- Intellectual Property Sale Agreement Template Whenever anything is invented or created, the issue of its protection arises at once. The work done by someone can be misused by others in various ways. Sometimes it is stolen and given another name and sometimes it is modified to change its look and fake the ownership. Numerous ways are present out there to deceive the public from knowing its actual ownership. Legal protections are […]
- Relationship Diagram A relations diagram which is also known as ER diagram or entity relationship diagram is a commonly used technique in businesses and companies. This is a graphical representation of different entities and relationships between them. Most of the time, this diagram model is used in computing and programming in which it is used to sort out or organize the data in the database and the […]
- Sales Representative Agreement Template Salesmen are mostly hired on commissions and bonuses on the sale that they make for the company they work in and the agreement that includes the information about what their targets will be and how much they will get as the commission on each sale is known as the sales representative agreement.
Brief Description of Sales Representative Agreement:
It is a common knowledge that the […]
- Gantt Chart Template When it comes to project management, the process is tougher and complex as compared to the other areas and fields of a business. If we ask some of the top project managers in the world, we will find out that there are only two most important things or elements of a project that the manager keeps track of including; complete the project within budget and finish it on time.
- Insurance Certificate Template With invent of new technologies, the risk to life, property and other valuables have also increased to a larger extent. The cost of living has increased over period of time and people are spending huge amounts of money on valuables including vehicles, property etc. When turning our eye to business world this monetary perspective shifts from needle to elephant and the amounts are of […]
- General Power of Attorney Agreement Template General power of attorney can be described as a written authorization from someone to represent or act on his or her behalf in variety of different affairs. Basically it is a legal document that authorize and appoints another person usually called an attorney, to deal with your different business affairs as well as to make financial and legal decisions for you. Attorney itself means an […]